Carhartt Pockets

Sulaco

My deep concealment gun is a Ruger LCP which I pocket carry in a cheapy Uncle Mike's holster. I have zero problems with any of my clothes from running shorts to Wrangler jeans. But it seems my Carhartts are hard to keep it concealed. I often find myself shoving my hand in my pocket just to make sure it's okay. I guess the pockets just seem shallow compared to some other clothes I own. Does anyone else have similar issues? Is there a good way to belt carry the LCP in a situation like this? What about back pocket carry? I have no waist and unfortunately look like I am wearing my pants low as a result. This means my back pockets fall lower than they probably should. I am worried carrying in a back pocket might cause strange things to happen when sitting down. Thoughts?

NWPilgrim

I have found the same thing with Carhart, their pockets are less deep than most other brands. I have switched to the Wrangler Riggs work clothes which have very deep pockets, and leather edged right hand pocket for tape measure and folding knife.

Can't help you with the belt carry for the LCP. I carry my KelTec P3AT in a pocket holster.

Sulaco

I'll have to check those out the next time around. Unfortunately I just got a great deal on a good many pairs of Carhartts and they'll last me some time.

Thanks though!

dogtown tom

Sulaco ....What about back pocket carry? I have no waist and unfortunately look like I am wearing my pants low as a result. This means my back pockets fall lower than they probably should. I am worried carrying in a back pocket might cause strange things to happen when sitting down. Thoughts?
Laccaassidosis is usually a lifelong disability with no cure.

Try wearing IWB or a different pocket holster.

MLeake

+1 for the Wrangler Riggs. I particularly like the leather on the right front, since the clip on my SOG and CRKT knives have done numbers on the fabric of some other pants.

Stressfire

IWB works with my P3AT - severe Laccaassidosis affliction and all.

Galco sto n go meant for beretta tomcat - should fit LCP with no problem

mrt949

Laccaassidosis is another name for the other known problem called noassatol. Only way to carry is iwb or pocket carry with suspenders .:eek:

C0untZer0

I have never even heard of these things but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you buy them at Farm & Fleet

MLeake

C0untZer0, you can buy Carhartt's at Tractor Supply Company, but you can also buy them at Sears. Work clothes. One of the largest vendors of barn coats in the US. Also heavy-weight hoodies (as in winter-weight). You probably see construction and road workers in Illinois wearing Carhartt's all the time.

Kind of like Dickie's, but heavier fabrics, typically.

And, usually but not always, made in the USA.

GM2

Try Carhartt's bib Overalls they have deeper pockets and you don't need a belt. Very comfortable also lots of pockets in bibs. Younger people sometimes ask "are you a farmer?" I reply nope just love comfort.;)

Yung.gunr

My work pants give me the same problem. But they are dress slacks and a lot of them have very shallow pockets. I have to have my shirt tucked so there are some days I can't carry at work. The crazy thing is that one pair of my slacks the pockets are so big I can actually pocket carry a XD with the 4" barrel!!

How's that for inconsistancy?

saltydog452

Same with the Carhartt hooded canvas coat. Just two pockets and they are shallow.

What they have saved in material cost seems like false economy.

Some ScotchGuard on the hood and shoulders of the tight weave canvas keeps upper torso tolerably dry. Still, I like pockets and I expect them to work.

salty