Careless at the range.

BerettaCougar

Post some stories of idiots you encountered at the range.

My story goes as follows.

Two men walk into the range and you can tell that they havent been out shooting much.

They waited about 20 minutes for the range to go cold so they could go set up their targets. When the range went cold they walked to the 10 yard post and set up a target of Fidel Castro, they walked back to the shooting stall, But the people that were walking to the 100 and 150 yard posts were still out setting up targets and spinners. These idiots loaded the weapon and began shooting, the range officer sounded his air horn and drew his weapon, the range officer didnt point his gun at the shooter but he was screaming at the guy to release the mag and open the action of that gun, the range officer banned the shooter from the range and asked his buddy to never come back.

The people that were setting up their targets, ran to the sides and threw themselves down on the grass, I can only imagine the fear they had.

Now it's your turn, post some crazy range stories.

mete

At a handgun silhouette match the RO was at one end of the line looking down the line .At one point the target setters were out when a shot rang out !! The target setters were looking for foxholes, the RO was in a panic and extremely angry. While everyone was paying attention to the match an old guy with his young grandson had set up a target @ 25 yds and fired a muzzle loader ! He was behind the RO and nobody noticed. The worst thing was that while the RO was screaming at him he kept saying 'what did I do ,what did I do'. He had no clue that he had done anything wrong !!! :mad:

chris in va

All I've ever seen is a shouting match with an RO and a redneck hunter dude at the local outdoor range. Camo Man felt he wasn't included with the 'bolt open, stand behind the line' rule and got in the RO's face. RO proceeded to inform dumba$$ that what he was doing would send him to jail and he wouldn't hesitate to call the cops.

We were all very polite to the RO that day. :D