Car killer

SR420

Check this out.

car-killer-round-660x418.jpg

skizzums

do shotgun slugs have to follow any of the "armour piercing" rules here in the good ol usa? I would guess not, since I don't think there are 12ga pistols available for sale. regardless, those would be super easy to machine, making and effective wad would be interesting though since it looks like it also works as a sabot

Model12Win

Is that available to the public? Me likie!

I'm interested in how these work, or if they work at all or better than a Brenneke penetrating slug. If not, the Rooskerinos can keep them, but if yes... sign me up! These would be totally SICK in a full auto AA-12!!! :D

WV_gunner

Could be fun to play with but I see no real reason to have them. Unless you want to see how many trees you can shoot through at once or cinder blocks, I don't see a need. Steel core billets are frowned upon, I wouldn't own it. I don't want to find out how the ATF and local authorities define them the hard way.

Last edited:

Bella

Finally, something to combat the roving band of gang cars around here. Nothing is more disconcerting than having a Ford knock on your door at midnight.:D

T. O'Heir

Ain't marketing grand? Nothing will stop a ton of moving object. And any slug will crack an engine block. Assuming you can hit it just right.
The "armour piercing" rules are on the ATF's FAQ page. At least they were. Talks about rifle cartridges, but nothing about slugs, as I recall.

Bill DeShivs

The original saboted slug was a hard, wasp-waisted .50 caliber projectile meant for armor-piercing duties. It was fired from smooth bore 12 ga. guns.

Virginian

I can see it now. Someone is going to shoot an unarmed black car and the media will fan the flames all over again.

WV_gunner

I have never once heard or thought "If I only had armor piercing shoutgun slugs". There's no need for them in my mind, it's my opinion so ignore it if you wish. I don't even see how they would make a fun range toy. I have several guns that are range toys and ammo that's just for fun. But I still don't see a need for armor piercing slugs. Especially since practically every decent rifle can put a hole in steel plate with regular jacketed hunting ammo. I can guarantee you a .30-30 will put holes in a spinning .44 mag rated steel target at 75 yards with Federal ammo. I know .45 Colt out of a rifle will put holes in a helium tank as well. If you were to use FMJ ammo I can only imagine the penetration through steel. Does anyone make FMJ shotgun slugs?