Caps for my 58 Pietts Remys

mrappe

I shoot CAS with these guns and use Treso nipples and the Remington #10 caps have always fit the best. I also do som Civil War reenacting and have not been able to find any #10 or #11 locally in a long time. The Bass Pro store here in the Houston Area used to carry them but has none and the other actual "Gun Stores" have stopped carrying BP stuff in the past few years in order to satisfy the frensy of people buying ARs and such so i cannont even find CCIs to see if they might fit. I have some #11s but I have to pinch them to get them to stay on. Cabalas shows to have some #11s but they are 59.99. I asume that is for 1000. Has anyone found another supply and if another brand is available how might they fit on my nipples. This is what I have:

THE POSSIBLE SHOP
AMPCO Revolver Nipples
Revolver-6x.75mm Th x .520 Long
Fits Pietta Pistols 11-50-106

spitpatch

Don't know how true it but I was told that cci has not made any caps for a couple years. I got lucky last week while in a bait shop saw they had some bp stuff no real black powder but they did have 500 rem #11 and 400 of the German caps took em all.

Kappe

Don't know how true it but I was told that cci has not made any caps for a couple years.
I doubt it's true, since I've bought at least a dozen tins of CCI caps, both #10s and #11s, as well as Dynamit Nobel #1075s, over the past year from my local hardware store.

Unless they've had those caps for years and I'm the only one buying them :D

Remington caps, on the other hand... I've never even seen those in person.

Erich

Keep an eye on Cabela's

They had Remington # 10s as recently as last week (I have a package en route to me), and they get them from time to time.

I found CCI # 10s work okay on my Pietta 58, but . . . I'd rather have the Remingtons.