Cap Guards

deerslayer303

I drove out to my favorite Ma and Pa's Grocery/Gun shop this morning. I found these little do dads laying is a box of misc. what nots. So I grabbed them. I'm sure they are for a side lock rifle, but they seem to work pretty good on the Revolver nipples as well. I will try them out and see what they do when fired. It says they contain the cap when fired (no cap jams in theory), prevents loss of cap, and keeps moisture out of the cap. We shall see. But I figure they might be useful for keeping the revolver loaded or carrying it for extended period. And if the are not worth a crap, then I can use em for Striper Jigs. Still a buck eighty nine well spent.
001-3_zps7e24ff5e.jpg

002-3_zpsfd219657.jpg

For those concerned about getting their rifle/pistol cap/s wet. These plastic little thing'ies appear to be the cats meow. For a 1.89 that's pretty good insurance there deerslayer 303. I wonder if Hot Shot nipples would split them?

Smokin'Joe

I make my own capguards. Just cut about a 3/16" length of 3/16" diameter plastic hose available in aquarium supply stores. A 12" length of hose will give you plenty of cap guards and they are reusable but kinda hard to remove after use.

IMG_0054.jpg

Beagle333

I need to make some of them! It sure beats having to take the thing apart and get the caps out of it. It seems they always drop down between the hammer and frame and then get squished right on down into the transmission. :rolleyes:

deerslayer303

I wonder if Hot Shot nipples would split them
Mmm, thats a good question. I'll try one on the GPR tomorrow and let ya know. I'll put a hot shot on it and try it out.

OUTSTANDING JOE!!, I'll make some of them too. See this is why I love this Forum!!