Can't find a holster.

Brutus

Looking high and low for a nice leather OWB holster for my 4.25" Cobra target.
Everything I see is for a 4" barrel. Will these work with the 4.25 inch barrel? :confused:

Bob Wright

I have no idea if they will wok or not, but my advice is to get in touch with Craig at Graveyard Jack Gunleather or Doc at Doc Barranti Leather and order a holster from them. It will be quality work, fit the gun perfectly, and comfortable to carry.

From Graveyard Jack:

From Doc Barranti:

And they are worth the money.

Bob Wright

Blue Duck

It really depends on the individual holster. The thing to watch for is does the front sight go past the bottom of the holster. If it does, it might have a tendency to hang up on the draw.
That wasn't as much of a problem with the ramped front sights more common on older guns but these new guns, quite often have square edges on the back of the front sight that will hang up on most anything.

It might be better to have one special made for your gun.

44 AMP

Staff
You're talking about 1/4 inch of barrel. (4" vs 4.25")

That's not a lot. Most holsters have that much "spare room" some do not. Some "technically" don't but will stretch enough.

You need to take your gun to somewhere you can actually fit it into various holsters and see what the results are.

ballardw

My used to be LGS mom and pop shop used to have a literal barrel full of holsters. You could go in and try holsters to hearts content though the owner did like to see the empty pistol before starting.

Dave Chuppa

Crooked River Leather in the Parma Armory Parma Ohio.

Attachments

• D5640560-C96D-4FC2-A034-5F37B97664CC.jpeg
    D5640560-C96D-4FC2-A034-5F37B97664CC.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 25