canik tp9sfx

bobn

got a new range toy for winter doldrums' relief. first trip to range it didn't feed, last round stove piped, I am thinking what a pos.
…...after some though> hmm european/turkish gun means nato type loads not anemic style ammo marked 9mm luger.
...instant gratification with 124 nato loads. prefect function, great trigger, great accuracy. fwiw, bobn

Last edited:

PSP

My sfx has become one of my favorites. With an optic it is a pure blast to shoot. I've put a bunch of different brands of ammo through it without a single failure of any kind. I shoot mostly European ammo... Geco, S&B, Fiocchi, etc.

Mine came with the optic and a second threaded barrel. I ended up removing the flared mag base. Well made quality pistol for a reasonable price.

Shotgun Slim

The TP9sfx has a pretty strong recoil spring and is not happy with light loads. I'm told that the importer has reduced power springs available. Use the right ammo and you will be fine. Meantime you can appreciate the really good trigger, great ergonomics and excellent accuracy that you have bought at a much lower price than the other guns in the class.Enjoy

wild cat mccane

TP9SFX Mod2 is coming out soon. In case someone is thinking of buying the current.

Upgrades are different serrations, improved and lighter trigger, different (better) optic mount system, and ambi slide release.

TfflHndn

Mine also does not like light loads. I reload with 147 grain bullets, near the top end of the load range for a given powder, and it does fine. I may have to look into the reduced power springs. Really good gun. Trigger could be better, but it's not bad.

railroader

In my TP9SFX I use a glock striker spring, a glock striker safety spring and a freedomsmith pro trigger. The trigger pull now is about 3.5lbs with next to zero pretravel. The pull is excellent. For my recoil spring set up I use a glock gen 3 guide rod with a 13lb. recoil spring with a gen 4 adapter. This allows me to run lighter loads in the gun. Here's the trigger.

https://freedomsmith.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fvanguard-trigger-for-canik-sfx-sfl-and-sf-only-not-for-sa-elite-or-double-action-models-fcab14a8-a9e9-4915-8711-2bb2d548b1b3

tahunua001

my SFX never had a single failure to feed or eject but it absolutely refused to lock back on last round with 20 round mags. it did just fine most of the time with the 18 rounders from my tp9SF. I eventually swapped the sights with the SF and sold the SFX, keeping one of the 20 round mags that came with the SFX which the SF handles just fine. haven't looked back.

wild cat mccane

The SF and SFX share all the important stuff.

Of course, the black SFL (long slide SF without the optic cut of the SFX) was dropped and looks like it is now completely sold out.