Canik TP9 SFX Red Dot help

Rothdel

I made an impulse purchase and now need some advice.

I found a TP9 SFX at a local gun store for a price I could not pass up. Came in the box with all of the red dot plates. I've never used a red dot on a pistol and I'm a bit at a loss in terms of what I should get. The gun comes with mounting plate for what looks like every kind of red dot I could purchase. I'm looking for something that is solid but wont break the bank since I'm not sure I even like using said red dot.

Editing to discuss usage -

I did not need this gun so will be a range toy and maybe used for home defense depending on how it runs and how I shoot it. At this point I'm only thinking plinking and maybe the odd pistol competition at the local range.

Any suggestions staying under the $250 range?

Last edited:

triplebike

I have the same firearm. I mounted a BURRIS FASTFIRE 3 - 8 MOA on it. (about $225) It's a great red dot with a unconditional lifetime warranty, and since mine is also a range toy I opted for the 8MOA shooting at 25yrds or less. I'm fairly new to red dots also and what I did was mount a Burris on my 22 to see if I would like it. Once I got used to it I never looked back. It's been a joy to shoot with and really helps my 72 yr old eyes.

Last edited: