Canik TP 9 V2

briang2ad

I have some comments questions about the topic gun. I like the form - 4 inch barrel (shorter than SA) and the grip is decently textured. Sights are complex. The trigger seems a bit rougher than the average P99 (my P99 was rough), but I THINK I like the general action better. The action does not stack so much in DA mode. The P99 has considerable stacking. SA mode has no creep - most P99s I've felt do OTB. The release is a bit more definite. I don't like the finish as much at all. Cerakote is a step down from Tennifer treatment. I'm surprised Canik is not stepping that up. Questions:

- Is it a easy to strip the slide as a P99 and smooth the striker? Can Glock springs work in the slide like a P99?

- What are the sight options now available? Are they generally compatible with a mainstream gun?

- What are the holster options?

Thanks.

TunnelRat

Idk that 19 hrs is a ton of time to gauge that. It's the summer and a weekend so sometimes traffic quiets down. As far as sights and holsters, I don't like being that guy but honestly you can Google that.

briang2ad

OK thank you sir. Google it yourself there is not much out there. Then there is the problem that the S a model and the version two double action single action model don't have the same sights.

Siggy-06

I like the TP9SA a little bit better due to the trigger pull. The slide assembly is pretty easy to take apart itself, however I havent tried glock spring personally. Several companies are making kydex or leather holsters for the TP9's, just gotta google them to find one you might like, I find it a bit big to conceal personally. I heard that you can use p99 night sights if you use the Canik's original screws.

briang2ad

I think the V2 dispensed with P99/PQ compatible sights. And, to make it worse, the SA is different than the DA/SA on V2. But, I'm not certain, and there is NOT a wealth of knowledge out there - only a couple of vids.

deerslayer303

I like the TP9, I've done a tone of reading, watching videos about them and I held an SA at the local Sportsmans warehouse. I am in the market for the SF though, THE gun they should have brought to market to start with IMHO. OP, what's wrong with the holster it comes with? Just wondering your thoughts on it.