Canik 55 Stingray

Kevin_d77

Anybody actual seen/felt or shot one of these things? Supposed to be a CZ clone and for under $400, could be a steal!

Cheapshooter

Funny, I just saw the Canik for the first time at a LGS this morning. Don't remember the model names, but they had a compact model, and a full sized with ported barrel. The fit and finish seemed quite good, and the feel was very much CZ. The prices in that shop usually run a bit high, and the compact model I looked at, and held, was around $500. Certainly a consideration in my search for a CZ75 type handgun, but I think I'll check other prices first.
Being new, in the display case, and not on the rental rack for their range I didn't get a chance to shoot one.

Kevin_d77

Yea, this one is the C (compact) model and they want $370. It's an online shop so it would be impossible to hold one. It's definitely I intriguing. I have an all steel Baby Eagle which is a CZ clone and I love it!

Walter

I bought a "TriStar C100", also labeled a "Canik 55" just yesterday at Academy,
$329 + TTL, out the door. Haven't shot it yet, but it looks like a well-built gun.

Seems to be a clone of the CZ75 compact, only with an alloy frame.
Came with two MEC-GAR 15 rnd mags, plastic case, and cleaning rod.

When I get the chance to get out and fire it I'll let you know how it shoots.

Walter

I own its big brother Canik/Tristar T-120. Overall, These are nice guns, Fit and finish are better than you would expect. On par with a Jericho/Baby eagle. The one downside is the trigger, the D/A pull must be about 20lbs. :eek: The s/a pull is much better but still nothing to write home about. Mostly these guns (in the many variations offered) are Alloy frame, Come with two mec-gar mags and will surprise you with how well made they are. I have about 200 rounds down the pipe with no hiccups so far. If you don't mind the trigger or are willing to invest the time/money to improve it, These guns are a solid purchase. I paid $440.00 out the door for a full size T-120 in matte siver finish. Hope this helps P.S. They offer one All steel version, S-120 I think

bdb benzino

I have the Canik55 C-100 in chrome, which is the equivelant of the light weight CZ75 compact. Although the alloy CZ is wider than the steel version, where the alloy Canik is the same width as the steel version.
All in all from the couple hundred rounds I've put through mine, I am extremely pleased and have not had a single malfunction of any kind. It shoots well and is very accurate, and I like that a light weight compact still holds 16 rounds.
The internal parts have all been black chromed, I find that nice. My only complaint at all is the safety was very stiff at first, but has slowly got bettter. It would be nice to have this adressed for the guys like me that carry it cocked and locked.
I would recomend one for someone looking for a well made CZ clone that seems to be gaining popularity as well as respect!