can you reccomend any sub $100 red dots/holo sights ?

2002gti

im setting up a tactical 10/22 so recoil will not be the issue. looking for something that holds zero and looks tactical.

ditto #2 & 5. I have one mounted on my Camp 9 carbine. not the best for sure but 100% reliable over 3 years. I've carried it out camping/shooting trips too - not safe queen.

whiplash

I have a Tru-Glo on my AR....dont think I paid more than $60.
ar15.jpg

Last edited:

jg0001

I read up on some user reviews of TruGlo red dots on Cabela's and the negative ones really bothered me. What else short of spending 5X as much is worth considering?

Stevie-Ray

Tasco has been mentioned, they have several, one of which is atop my GSG-5. Cost me all of 30 bucks at Optics Planet and it works great.

100_0510.jpg

2002gti

how will an atn ultra dot hold up with a .22 , ive heard alot of reports of them "winking out" but im wondering if it is recoil related an if a rimfire gun would stand a better chance.

GaryD

Any, just get the largest diameter you can find in a red dot. I have seen only one holo under $100 (Gander Mountain I think).

I used a red dot on my slug shotgun and really like it, but on short range stuff (pistols, 22 rifles, etc.) I have lasers.

railroader

Millett sp1. It's a 1" tube but the dot is 3moa. Alot of the cheaper red dots are 5moa which makes for an awfully large dot for precision shooting. Mark

donkee

+1 for the Millet.

I have them on 2 of my AR-15s. They work great. Make sure to turn them off when not in use. They will eat batteries quickly.

Mine have functioned from subzero temps in the snow to sticky heat and rain showers. I like em!