Can you help me with my air rifle? *Pix*

Lavid2002

Accidentally dry fired my CZ 631 before the BBL was completely shut *Break BBL type* and it snapped shut because of the spring. When I went to cock the gun it made a click click click (the spring) When I cocked it. It does it now and I cant seem to fix it. I contacted CZ usa and they sent me a new piston seal. Apparently mine had a nail embedded into it for some reason.....weird.... pictures attached. ANYWAYS. Does anyone know what happened to my pellet gun or what I can do to fix it? Im open to any suggestions.

-Dave
DSCF2330.jpg

DSCF2331.jpg

Lavid2002

Nah bro its a nail, ill take it out and take another picture for you. Ive studies the blow ups over and over, and I have every part for this gun. here...

MEH....cant find the seal. I think I lost it at work, anyways. Save the picture to ur computer, and open it using windows. Use the zoom function. Note the part near the center of the seal is pointy, and the part near the perimeter of the seal is flat...kindof like....like a nail :p

Ideas friends?

DKJBama

Well, it got in there somehow. It looks like somebody tried to shoot a nail out of it.

Do you have children or a curious monkey?

darkgael

nail?

Please do send pics of that thing if you can find it. It does look nail-like. It also looks spring-wire like. Are all the springs, etc. intact?
What happens when a spring piston gun is fired without a pellet is an uncontrolled cycle of the piston. That event can damage the piston, its seat, the seal, the spring - any or all of them.
The reason I wonder about the nail business is that you evidently have had this gun and used it. That "nail" has been in there. There's no particular reason for it to show up just because the gun was misfired - but the misfiring IS apt to cause spring or pin breakage. Which side of the seal was the nail on in that pic, the piston side or the air chamber side?
Pete

Lavid2002

The nail is on the chamber side. I agree with the theory of the "Curious Monkey" The gun is about 18 years old....its 100% possible someone tried to shoot a nail out of it and it slid back into the piston housing.

I took some time to sit down and think about how the problem happened. And it occurred to me (Please see this diagram because I will be referencing to it ALLOT) What happened.http://www.cz-usa.com/data/downloads/support_manuals/CZ_630.pdf go to page 20

When cocked so the piston is retaining the main spring, the bbl still needs to be pushed forward into its fixed position. I did that half way, then shot the gun. I thought about what actually happened and heres what I came up with.

*#21 would normally push forward untill the piston seal buffers it and it stops, however. The BBL wasnt in its fixed position so instead it went shooting into # 14. #14 drags along the spring while cocking, and de-cocking. When it got hit it got disformed in such a way that a little peice of the metal hung out, just enough to "Catch" the spring and cause it to click when cocking. I sanded it down until it was smooth. Replaced the seal with the new seal...and wala :p The gun shoots quieter now (Must be that nail, the seal is quieter) Shoots great : )