Can I install an Accu_Trigger on my older Sav 110?

jsflagstad

Just wondering if anyone knew first of all if it was possible to buy the Accu-Trigger assembly right from Savage or anyone else? And, would it drop into my older Savage 110 (circa 1990), Long action (7mm Rem Mag)?

I tried a gun with this trigger and really liked it. What do you think of this trigger if you have tried one? Is there a better option out there?

Thanks,

JSF

Fremmer

Js:

I don't think that an accu-trigger will drop into your gun, and I don't think that Savage will sell them to you.

I'd buy a nice crisp one-stage aftermarket trigger (Jewel, Timney, or other brand you like) and have a Smith install it. You'll end up with a trigger that is really nice. :cool:

Last edited:

Jim Watson

An Accutrigger will not fit an earlier make Savage.

Rifle Basix and Sharp Shooter Supply make fully adjustable triggers for Savages. My Rifle Basix SAV-2 match trigger was DIY with the included video, don't see why the SAV-1 hunting trigger would not be as easy. The SSS is at least as good but may take more work, I am not real clear on its installation.

Jim Watson

Yup, I just loaded the CD in the computer, pulled the action out of the stock and sat in front of the computer with the few needed tools and put it in; pausing as required to catch up.
I don't think they provide a video for the SAV-1 which is a simpler trigger with fewer options and adjustments.

The guys on the Savage board like the Sharp Shooter Supply trigger but it sounds like it will take more work to put one on a pre-Accutrigger rifle now that they are making theirs to replace Accutriggers.
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/Triggers.html