Can I fix my Scope?

Jamie Young

I've never taken apart a scope, and I have a couple questions.

The Problem:

Its a fairly inexpensive 3-9x40 Simmons scope and its on a gun that I don't shoot that often. When I adjust the magnification up to 7x's its fine, but once I adjust it up to 9x's it gets out of focus. Can anyone tell me what I would have to adjust inside the scope to fix this?

James K

Member In Memoriam
If you break the seals you can kiss the moisture proofing goodbye because you can't (without lots of know-how and equipment) put the nitrogen back in under pressure. Also, the innards of a scope are pretty delicate and breaking something is a pretty good possibility.

I suggest returning it to the factory or a factory authorized repair facility; they might fix it under warranty or for free if you don't mess with it.

Jim

savagehunter308

i have a simmons 3-9x40 8-Point scope on my marlin 22, just adjust the paralax focus on the back, twist the actaul back eye piece till it stops, the look at a target at 100 yards and twist the other littl deally twards you till it focuses. good luck

Pierre

Actually, recharging is not big deal at all if you have the vacumn pump. The pump cost me $780.00, but beyond that it's just two gate valves, a PVC pipe 6" diameter and 24" long and the Nitrogen tank. I've been charging scopes for some time and it takes about 2 minutes to do it. I bought the Nitrogen tank for $99 and it's pretty cheap to recharge. All scopes have a screw somewhere on them, usually a tiny one, or you can easily loosen a lens. You open it, start the vacumn, bleed in the Nitrogen and secure the screw or tighten the lens.
If it's just focus, sh.308 gave you the answer. Does the POI change when you change power?

Jamie Young

Does the POI change when you change power?

NO just the focusing. I can shoot with it set on the 9x but it bugs my eyes after awhile.