• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can I change text colors?

billcarey

At 69 yrs old my eyes are having a hard time reading the small blue letters against the background. Is there a way to change all text colors to black or darker for more contrast. I know how to change colors on my posts and that's not what I'm talking about. Its getting to the point where I visit this site less because the blue is too hard to see.

Thanks,
BC

Mal H

Staff
No, there is no way I know of for you to have different colors from everyone else.

What you might try though is to change your display settings to a higher contrast or brightness level. Also, most modern displays will have various settings for warm, cold, etc. Try playing with your display settings to see if you can improve the contrast.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Windows includes (or can download) high-contrast themes to improve visibility and there is also a screen magnifier. Both options will be found in the Ease Of Access control panel in any modern version of Windows.

Also, if you use Google Chrome (or most other browsers) somewhere in the settings are options to use larger and/or bolder fonts, restrict minimum font sizes or even magnify pages. In Chrome, it's under Settings and the scroll down to Appearance. Other browsers, I can't say exactly but it's in there somewhere. Chrome also has an extension called Zoom+ that acts like a magnifying glass.

Also in Chrome, there is an extension called FontSize Changer, that not only changes the size of fonts but also the colors. I tried it, it works on TFL. It works page by page, so it won't change other pages. Unfortunately, it's not persistent, so you have to set it every time you visit, but that only takes a couple of seconds.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Also, if you'll go to your "User CP," you can go to "Edit Options." User CP will be on the horizontal bar near the top of the page, the same one that has "New Posts," and "Search." Once you click that, "Edit Options" will be on the left side of the page. In the Options page, at the bottom, you'll see "Forum Skin." That will also give you a few display options.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Haven't tried it in all browsers, but in IE and Chrome, holding down the Ctrl key and turning the mouse wheel will change the font size. One direction increases the size, the other shrinks it.

billcarey

Thanks everyone. It looks like zooming in works ok when visiting here...I can still see the page width at 175% and the large text is easier to read. I'm partially color blind and evidently sensitive to the blue here...but not on other web sites.

Thank you.
BC