Can anyone identify this choke tube?

JimDandy

I had/have an older Browning Citori Field gun. While on a trip to visit family, I found a used choke tube for sale labeled Sk. I in a Browning Invector tube holder.
IMG_1545_zps30cc18e7.jpg

As you can see the chokes have a slightly different length, and as shown better in the second picture-

IMG_1546_zps70b4d426.jpg

, threads also appear to be finer just barely longer on the SK. I As a final difference, and the reason I noticed it may not actually be a Browning choke, my choke wrench doesn't fit. The notches up top are much too narrow/small for the wrench.

zippy13

Just because it's in a Browning case doesn't mean it's for your Browning. Are there any markings other than SK?

JimDandy

No, no other markings, not even a notch code up top. And I've pretty much determined it's not for ANY Browning. It doesn't match Invector, Invector-Plus, or Invector-DS chokes around the house. It' leads me to believe it may be Remington, Beretta, Beneli, etc. I was just wondering if anyone recognized it. If it's Remington, my Dad may be able to use it as he has a Wingmaster, If it's anything else I'd have to look harder to find someone who could get use out of it, that I can't.

BigJimP

The pitch and threads per inch - are way different in the photo...on each choke / but unless you had a Rem choke, Benelli choke, etc to really compare it closely to...its going to be hard to identify.

I've never seen a choke for a Browning that was not clearly marked - as either Invector or Invector Plus --- regardless of who made it ( Briley, etc ).

As a note: ( I'm sure you know the new Invector DS is a new choke design - and right now only available in the Citroi 725 series and the new release of the Auto 5's..) ... but in case someone else is reading this, that didn't know Browning was changing their system on a couple of models ...
------------
Trying the choke in a lot of different guns...might be ok / if you're really careful not to cross thread it in the gun...but that makes me nervous..

I suppose you could mic the threads ...and just ask around at your local gun club - for guys shooting Rem chokes, Benelli chokes, etc if you could compare your find to theirs ....

If that doesn't work, I'd probably put a note on it -at my gun club ...saying, don't know what it is, its free - if anyone can use it ...
---------------
I would certainly stick with Browning chokes on your new Citori 725 ( I suspect they are being made for Browning by Briley ) ...but I didn't do a search for them either.

BigD_in_FL

Might be a Beretta, SKB, or any of several others; realizing that several companies can use the same choke

You might also send a copy of the pic to Briley and see if they can ID it; odds are they most likely made it in the first place for some OEM company

COK

A few years ago bought a gun with an extra tube I could not id. I sent a picture to Truelock and they got right back to me with what I had - Very nice people to deal with.

Jim Watson

Looks a lot like my Colonial aftermarket choke tubes. Which they make in different threads for different guns, so there is no way to tell if it fits your Browning except by trying to install it.

JimDandy

Oh I'm pretty sure it's not a Browning choke, or if it is, it's not a 12 gauge choke. The threads are wrong. Both the wrong placement, and it appears the wrong size. The little slots for the wrench are too small for the wrench.