Can anyone help me id this gun?

Glock-19

I recieved this gun from a relative with no information about it. I think it is WW II era and Japanese because it has Japanese writing on it.(at least I think it is Japanese) Can anyone tell me what it is, what is it worth, and could it or should I have it restored. Thankyou.

Attachments

• post1.JPG
    post1.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 145
  • Post2.JPG
    Post2.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Post3.JPG
    Post3.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 78

SDC

It's an Arisaka rifle, either a Type 38 (6.5mm Arisaka) or a Type 99 (7.7mm Arisaka), but you'd need to post clearer pictures and some more info (like barrel length) for us to figure which specific model. www.gunboards.com has got a Japanese collectors forum, and they'd be able to tell you what it's worth, or if you should sell it for parts. HTH.

The sights and placement of the sling swivel on the left side of the gun make it pretty clear that it's a carbine.

It also appears to have a fixed folding bayonet, which means that it's very likely a Type 44.

toolman846

Looks like a Type 44. The characters for a Type 44 go horizontally across the front bridge, as in the photo, and those for a Type 38 run front to back. I know, because I have several of those.

Glock-19

My digital camera is broken so as soon as I get it fixed I can post better pictures. If it is a type 44 is that good?

brando

type 44 6.5

have one thats bubaized very worn bore remains a good shooter amo scarce keep it original price is going up