Can anyone fill me in on the Kahr?

epic4444

Im thinking about picking up a PM9...I love the size...i kinda like the all metal one but it weights alot more and its not as small....so can anyone out there who owns one tell me some of the pro's and con's? and i would love to see a few pics to. thanks

epic4444

o and maybe a comparison of it in size and weight to other guns of similar size? pic there to would be awesome!!

wheel

I've never shot (nor even held) a Kahr. However, if you search this forum and others, I think you'll find that you take your chances when you buy a Kahr. Most seem to say they REALLY require breakin before they become reliable, and many never become reliable. Also, I've read all sorts of complaints of peening etc in the polymer models.

Not so say that other makes don't have problems too, but just that it seems quality is more of an issue with Kahr. YMMV.

Greg in OKLA

I had a PM40 for a while last year,and it even said in the manual that till 200 rounds are through it,basically,you can expect failures of some sort.It was a little cannon though,and the first pistol I ever experienced failure to feed by limp wristing,which I always thought was kind of a gun forum urban legend.One it got some miles on it ,it did great.I ended up selling it to a friend to fund another 1911,but plan to pick up a PM9 sometime soon.

GotGlock19

I have a pm9, i say if you get a chance, shoot one. They are amazing, accurate little pocket pistols. Mine has been flawless after the initial break in.

BikerRN

I have a PM9 and love it!

To me the Kahr Pistol has one of the best DAO Triggers out there. The big thing to keep in mind with any Kahr is, unlike a Glock or other "bottomfeeder" they really like their lubrication. The other thing is, do not judge a Kahr until after you have put at least 200 rounds through it. They, like pistols of old, require a "Break-In" period.

The PM9 is the perfect size package for a 9mm IMHO that needs to be deeply concealed. I carry an N-Frame Revolver and a J-Frame BUG most days, but the PM9 fills a special "niche" that no other gun has been able to fill as well.

Biker

mnlitig8r

No problems whatsoever with my PM9, which I've now had for about a month. 300+ rounds, no jams. Great gun despite a rather high pricetag.

Dr_2_B

I've had the MK40 for years. It is a beautiful, small powerhouse. Great concealability, great ergonomics, great trigger, slightly heavy in the all-steel version.

Muddflap

I have about 450 rounds through my PM9. It has been perfect since round 1. Easy to pocket carry, in a Robert Mika, or IWB in a Crossbreed.

maybe a comparison of it in size and weight to other guns of similar size? pic there to would be awesome!!
The Kahr is very small. I do not think you will find a smaller .40S&W and the only smaller 9mm I know of is the Rohrbaugh R9s.

I have the all steel model. The Kahr MK40 Elite and it is awesome. I have put a few hundred round through it with no problems what-so-ever.

Here is a range report I did on it.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224798&highlight=range+report

Here are some pics that show the Kahr MK40 in comparison to other small handguns.

Kahr MK40/NAA Guardian 380
Guardian-Kahr.jpg

Kahr MK40/Smith J-frame
Kahr-J.jpg

Kahr MK40/Walther PPK
Kahr-ppk.jpg

Kahr MK40/Para Ord SlimHawg
Hawg-Kahr.jpg

Kahr MK40/Kimber Pro Carry II
Kahr-Kimber.jpg

rmouser

I have a P40 and a CW9. My wife uses the CW9. I ordered a ported barrel for the P40. You just pop it in, but it was REAL tight and the slide jammed all the way back 7 out of 10 times.

KAHR sent another barrel overnight for free! It was tight too. So I sent the gun in and they tuned the ported barrel. So now I can swap the barrels out at the range and both shoot excellent.

My exoerience with the guns and the factory are first rate. I don't own a 45 yet but when I do it will be a KAHR or a 1911. Probably the 1911 only for something new I don't have.