Can any one ID these Sure fires?

MikeGunz

I ordered an AR yesterday and was planning on using some old gear that I had from my marine corps days. I have these two sure fires the problem is the pressure switch on one has completely fallen off, and the other still works, but not sure for how long.

I was wondering if anyone could ID the models because I wanted to look into possibly replacing the back piece to a simple button. I know sure fires are expensive and it would be a shame for them to be completely useless..

IMAG0007.jpg

Sorry, but I don't know the specific model number off the top of my head. It is the predecessor to the 951, I believe. I do know that if you buy an original SF dedicated tail cap pressure switch it will likely cost you more than you would like.

The new versions that have both the pressure switch and endcap button will run you over $100 retail or maybe about half that on ebay. There are several 3rd party vendors that make tailcaps with the pressure switches that will fit the SF and run you $10-20. I don't think I would use one of those if the gun is going to be for defensive purposes. If for plinking and fun, maybe night hunting, then sure, why pay a lot of money when you don't have ti.

I think I found your units. They are Surefire 6V Tactical Light with Thumbscrew Mount M49.

I got a deal on a couple of them about 2 years ago and one of the pressure switches went bad and it was going to cost me nearly as much as the used light with the switch to get the new switch. So I ended up with a cheaper version that has worked just fine.

Everything Surefire is expensive.