Can a CZ P07 Trigger equal a CZ 75/85?

HistoryJunky

I own both of these pistols. I have owned my CZ 85b for probably about a year. In that time I have fired maybe 500 rounds through it due to lack of proximity to a range. I have dry fired this pistol a great deal.

When I first got the 85b, the trigger pull was long, gritty, and heavy. As it stands now, it is totally different. It is still long, but doesn't seem as heavy and isn't gritty at all. The single action is butter smooth and light.

I have owned my P07 for about a month. The double action is long, gritty, and not consistent. I have only fired 100 rounds through it, and haven't dry fired it nearly enough. I do not expect it to be as smooth as my 85b yet.

My question is whether the system of the P07 can smooth out the same way and be as good? Both are in the stock setup.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

BigBL87

I own both as well, but shoot even less than you. So, no extensive experience to draw from. However, from reading CZ forums, the general consensus seems to be that the Omega trigger system (i.e. the P07) is usually better off the shelf but doesn't break in as nicely as the original triggers. I imagine the P07 will break in some, though, so it may surprise you. I never shoot double action myself so I couldn't even tell you what mine feel like DA.

Cyanide971

HJ, all of the P-07's I've owned (2-Duty's, 1-2014) have turned out very smooth after repeated use, either at the range or dry firing. As a matter of fact, the one I still have is the very first Duty model I purchased, and it had an exceptionally smooth trigger that was also at the low-end of CZ's specs per the manual; IIRC it was showing 3.75# SA and a very low 8# DA bone stock. Neither the other Duty or the 2014 model were as light or smooth, but over time and lots of trigger pulls, things were very, very good.

I don't have a 75 or 85 to compare them to, but instead a P-01 along with a Tanfoglio Witness P and Sarsilmaz K2P. To me, the biggest noticeable difference between the Omega trigger versus the traditional set up is that the Omega has a lighter and smoother double action, whereas the traditional trigger system has a much crisper single action with much less take up slack (especially on the Tanfoglio and Sar).

Of course now, it all seems to be a moot point to me, since my remaining P-07 has been converted to a very smooth 6 1/2# DAO by CZC and is an absolute joy to shoot!

HistoryJunky

HJ, all of the P-07's I've owned (2-Duty's, 1-2014) have turned out very smooth after repeated use, either at the range or dry firing. As a matter of fact, the one I still have is the very first Duty model I purchased, and it had an exceptionally smooth trigger that was also at the low-end of CZ's specs per the manual; IIRC it was showing 3.75# SA and a very low 8# DA bone stock. Neither the other Duty or the 2014 model were as light or smooth, but over time and lots of trigger pulls, things were very, very good.

I don't have a 75 or 85 to compare them to, but instead a P-01 along with a Tanfoglio Witness P and Sarsilmaz K2P. To me, the biggest noticeable difference between the Omega trigger versus the traditional set up is that the Omega has a lighter and smoother double action, whereas the traditional trigger system has a much crisper single action with much less take up slack (especially on the Tanfoglio and Sar).

Of course now, it all seems to be a moot point to me, since my remaining P-07 has been converted to a very smooth 6 1/2# DAO by CZC and is an absolute joy to shoot!
I was waiting for you to chip in. :)

Good to know that the P07 will smooth out to be well. I want to keep it pretty much stock as it is now my main carry gun. I will be surprised if it or my 85b shoots better when the P07 is smooth.

TBT

My experience mirrors Cyanide's. The trigger smooths out considerably with use. Dry fire works as well as live to accomplish it.

HistoryJunky

Use good snap caps to dry fire, and you will see an improvement in the CZ triggers like others have said. If you really want a great trigger, including up to, and including match grade go here.

https://cajungunworks.com/
Maybe I will go that route eventually. As of right now just going to try to get better with the stock trigger.

bigmatt

You can always help out the P-07/09 by polishing the action up yourself. Using this guide and polishing the stock parts and reducing the trigger bar tension got my basically new P-09 down to 9 pounds DA and a 3.75 pound SA trigger.

I can also comment on how good they can be with some CGW parts. The Omega is often out of the box a little lighter in trigger pulls over a standard 75B model. Stock the trigger pulls are a bit gritty, the SA break is only OK, and the pretravel take up and SA reset are way too long IMHO. The CGW short reset kit helps with reset and pull weights as well as a slightly smoother trigger since it replaces some stock parts. It should also lower trigger weights a little. The SA break can be fixed with a new hammer from CGW or CZC. The spring kit really reduces the trigger pull weights in both DA and SA.

I now have a P-07 and P-09 with most of a CGW Pro Package in each of them. They are both much improved over stock, but with some short comings compared to my Pro Package upgraded 75B trigger CZ's. The SA reset and pretravel take up are longer on the Omega triggers. The SA triggers are very slightly heavier, but the DA is a bit heavier (1.5-2 pounds) on the Omega guns. But, considering my P-07 and 09 plus upgrades were about half as cheap as my SP-01 with its long list of CGW/CZC parts I still am very pleased with them.

HistoryJunky

You can always help out the P-07/09 by polishing the action up yourself. Using this guide and polishing the stock parts and reducing the trigger bar tension got my basically new P-09 down to 9 pounds DA and a 3.75 pound SA trigger.

I can also comment on how good they can be with some CGW parts. The Omega is often out of the box a little lighter in trigger pulls over a standard 75B model. Stock the trigger pulls are a bit gritty, the SA break is only OK, and the pretravel take up and SA reset are way too long IMHO. The CGW short reset kit helps with reset and pull weights as well as a slightly smoother trigger since it replaces some stock parts. It should also lower trigger weights a little. The SA break can be fixed with a new hammer from CGW or CZC. The spring kit really reduces the trigger pull weights in both DA and SA.

I now have a P-07 and P-09 with most of a CGW Pro Package in each of them. They are both much improved over stock, but with some short comings compared to my Pro Package upgraded 75B trigger CZ's. The SA reset and pretravel take up are longer on the Omega triggers. The SA triggers are very slightly heavier, but the DA is a bit heavier (1.5-2 pounds) on the Omega guns. But, considering my P-07 and 09 plus upgrades were about half as cheap as my SP-01 with its long list of CGW/CZC parts I still am very pleased with them.
Yes I was quite surprised at how much take up there is in the Omega system in SA. it is pretty light though.