camp carbine

Stagger Lee

The 9mm guns can be found for decent prices on Gunbroker and GunsAmerica all the time. .45's are a bit scarcer and more expensive.

10-96

I've got one of the 9's. Man, that thing is fun! I put a diamond reticle shotgun scope on it that I had laying around- what an awsome combination! If I can get a yote into the diamond- then it's pretty much guranteed to be a kill shot.

Bart Noir

My best bud really wanted one, in .45 since it uses the 1911 pistol magazines. Last year we saw one go from table to table to table at a gun show, increasing $100 twice as it went.

Then he got one, used of course, and we went to shoot it. It was fun but I had to pick a piece of the stock off the floor and hand it to him. Seems the design was not the best and the back of the receiver can split some wood right off the stock.

He'll repair that someday. And it is fun to shoot, if I didn't mention that.

Bart Noir
Who knows of .45 bolt action Lee Enfield carbines for sale now. Hmmm......

Huntergirl

I just sold a Marlin camp 9 on another forum. I prefer a Rem 11-87 12GA with slugs for a camp carbine. Somethin to do with Grizz population in Wy...:D
Those Camp carbines are around. Folks bought 'em for the "millenium" scare etc. and now are letting them go. That's originally how I got mine. Bought it because the garage saler sold it CHEAP and like new.. They are fun guns, might be good for home defense for someone unable to shoot a pistol .

ISC

they make a good upgrade for a kid that isn't quite up to a assault rifle but has outgrown a .22. My 14 year old loves his and is reluctant to upgrade to the AR I got for him. He thinks that if he hangs on to it I'll give him my S&W pistol too since they use the same mags.

B. Lahey

My favorite gunshop has an integrally suppressed one for sale right now. It's been in the display case forever, I bet they would cut a deal on it.:D

the Camp 9's are around some but pricey. they will take the S&W 5906 series mags. great carbines but keep the stock screws tight - better install a heavy recoil spring. I have both the 9mm and .45acp the .45 is a real tack driver - maybe due to the twist rate? the 9mm shoots great also. the .45 Camp is nearly un-obtainable.

Ledbetter

Great little carbine

I have a .45 with a Trijicon Reflex. If you don't keep a fresh buffer in the action, the bolt (which weighs almost a pound) will eventually split the wood at the back of the action.

I have an extra brand new stock for sale if anyone wants one.