Calling BigJim, Calling BigJim....

zippy13

Sweet set up. I suspect it will be snatched up soon after the dimensions are posted. I wonder why they weren't included with the initial posting.

BigJimP

Thanks very much for the heads up. You're right / I have considered it - I will drop the owner a note and see if he can give me the rest of the stock dimensions.

I can't tell if its a parallel comb or not / and it has no adjustable comb cut in it - which is a negative to me / but I think its priced right.

I will let you know what I find out / or decide to do on it.

Same here - have a good weekend.

BigJimP

OneOunce - do you have any experience with the balancing device they put in their stocks ? Do they all have it / or was it a recent change ?

Waterengineer

Jim:

Yep, I knew you would be concerned about the parallel comb. It will be interesting to find out about the stock dimensions.

The pics aren't quite clear but to me if the comb is not parallel it is pretty close - unless it is the proverbial optical illusion.

Have you ever seen a parallel comb on a Blah-zer? I don't think I have but I am sure they would do it for you if you bought one out of the shrink wrapper.

oneounceload

no experience at all Big Jim - I've only seen and handled one at my gun club. My understanding is that it is adjustable to allow you to change the balance point somehow.......

oneounceload

Zippy - saw that page, thanks......neat idea, wonder why others don't utilize it or similar, especially if you change barrel lengths

zippy13

1 oz - I'm guessing it takes a pretty good sized hole to accommodate the adjustable weight system. With a bigger hole you reduce the stock's strength. But, I have some pretty good sized holes in stocks to accommodate air units without any problems. Perhaps it's a patent thing.

BigJimP

OneOunce / Zippy / Waterengineer :

Thanks - I've seen the write ups on the balance system / and I was able to test fire a Blaser at my club last year - but I don't if his gun had the system in it or not.

I know you can order a gun in a Skeet or Sporting barrel length / with basically what is considered a Trap stock. I'd also want it to have a carrier barrel - and a full set of sub gague tubes ..... I'm not really interested in a gun without an adjustable comb / on a parallel comb in it. But it looks like we'll have to wait a few days for the owner to respond to questions on stock dimensions, etc..

Thanks again Waterengineer.

BigJimP

I will promise to do that - but don't hold you're breath. I have a dozen or so O/U's in my safe now ....plenty of nice guns to shoot .....I've been very fortunate.

Maybe if I give some guns to the kids in a few years ... I'll have a burning urge to add something new / but my competitive days are over ... my eyes have really been a problem in the last year or two ( double vision that can't be corrected 100% ) and when it creeps in the targets split into 3 or 4 shadows / it sucks - and 20/350 with bifoculs doesn't make it any easier either.

For me its all about having fun / and my Brownings are very good guns...( but they are not Blasers, Kolars or Krieghoffs ...)...

oneounceload

I understand the vision thing - my contacts are set to try and give me a little close and far, so I lose depth at distances....one of these days I want that laser-type correction if possible.....I do friendly competition, not registered, and have been seriously thinking of just going to the 28 for everything......easy recoil, will work for dove and quail here in the South; but then I take my old GTI out with a right-handed stock, (I'm LH), and I still get 21-24 at the 5-stand..........:D - hate to get rid of a gun i shoot half-way decent........

BigJimP

I wish laser would fix my problems - but the good news for me is the opthamologists say it shouldn't get a lot worse ... I guess...

Stay well.

BigJimP

The seller has not updated his classified ad with any specs on the stock dimensions .... - I'm not sure I was that interested to start with but with:

no carrier barrel
no sub-gague tubes
no adjustable comb
a couple of scratches in wood
it doesn't have a good case with it

asking Price is marginal .......

I've lost interest...

oneounceload

Jim -

You might be better off looking at a Kolar for all those requirements - not cheap, but they should have one that fits your requirements......(then you can sell me all your old beat-up Brownings for a mere pittance!.... ;)

BigJimP

Hey now, they aren't that beat up ......

but you're right, if I was really going to get a competition gun / if I was really going to compete for the next 25 years - I'd go to Kolar or Kreighoff probably / but I do think Blaser has made some nice developments - at a very good price.

I keep buying handguns / but I don't really want any new shotguns .