Calling all Savage 10FP/12FV Lovers

riggins_83

Are you out there? What modifications have you made to your rifle? What optics and stock are you using?

asdf90wer0asdfawerasdf.jpg

Warne Steel Bases
Leupold PRW Rings

hotgroup.jpg

100 Yards 3 shot group
Hornady 168 grain Amax factory loads

taylorce1

I know it isn't a Savage but I like showing it off a bit. This rifle started off as a Stevens .200 chambered in .223 Remington. First thing I did was order a 6X47 (6mm-222 Rem Mag) barrel 20" CM 1:12 twist #3 Douglas contour with recessed crown from Sinman over on Savage Shooter Forums. At the same time I ordered from Sharp Shooter Supply (SSS) their Competition Recoil Lug and Trigger, as well as the tactical bolt handle.

I then went and picked up some forrest green textured paint and painted the stock. I will eventually replace the stock but for now the factory stock has kind of qrown on me. Still haven't coated the metal, the barrel is still in the white. Right now it has a 2-7 power Nikon Monarch on it but I'm thinking I'm going to change it to a 2-7 Burris FFII that I've got with ballistc plex reticle.

Since the rifle is in the Savage family I thought I could play too!

Picture012.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

rezmedic54

Savage

Here's mine a 12FV in Choate Varminter, Barska 10x40x50 scope,and it will shoot 5/8 in groups at 150 yds. this is a .308

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Rezmedic54/rifles002.jpg

My 12FVSS with Wotac 4x14x50 scope. still working on this one. Also a .308.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Rezmedic54/HPIM0977.jpg

And last is my 110 in a Super Sniper in .223 it will shoot 1/4 groups with Hornady 75 gr. A-max at a100 yds. it has a BSA platinum scope in 6x24x44.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/Rezmedic54/rifles003.jpg

Kawabuggy

Okay, I have a 10FP/LE in .308, and two 12FV's-one in .223, and the other in .243.

So far, the only changes that I have made have been to remove the blade for the accu-trigger, and did a home-gun-smith trigger job on all 3. With the blades removed, it leaves a nice little ridge that the finger kind of sticks to.

I am looking into buying a new thumb-hole, laminate stock. 2 of my guns wear Leupolds, and I am in the market for a new scope for the .223 as I just got it.

I have a couple switch barrels on hand so that I can change calibers as well. I love the ability to change out barrels. Makes it so much more interesting.

Tacoma

I had a ( Pre accutrigger) 10FP in .223. Scoped it with a 1/8 min target dot japanese scope and did a trigger job. THat was it. Sold it off a while back becasue it was boreingly accurate and I really had nothing to shoot it at any more when my buddy sold his farm.

Most accurate out of the box rifle I ever purchased.

That gun LOVED blue dot loads for quiet 100 yd shooting too!

farmall

My 10FP, in 308, has been fitted with the Choate Ultimate Varminter stock, Rifle Basix trigger and and topped with a Burris 6x18 scope, in Leupold rings and bases.

Amazingly accurate, and pretty economical setup, that I'm totally impressed with.

Andy

sdj

Very pleased with the 12VLP in .308. Price point is good, and with good ammo its very accurate. Looking forward to owning another Savage at some point.

Txhillbilly

Well I don't have a 10 or 12,but do have a couple 110FLP's.

A Pre-Accutrigger 110FLP 300 Win Mag with a tuned trigger,Choate ultimate varminter stock,6-9" Bipod,Weaver bases,Burris Zee rings,and a Swarovski PH 4-16X50 scope. It shoots sub-moa all day long.

The other is a brand new from the Savage Custom Shop 110FLP 25/06 w/Accutrigger,Ken Farrell 1pc base,Burris Zee rings,and a Sightron SIII 6-24X50 scope.I'm just waiting on Choate to finish building my Tactical stock for it,and then I'll try it out.

018-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

Last edited:

masterwrench

Savage 10FP in .308. Has an SSS competition trigger, Badger bolt knob, McGowan 24" barrel, Bell and Carlson Medalist stock skim bedded. Also has CDI DBM conversion using AI 10 round mags. All metal parts recoated black to match. Look through a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 scope in Burris XTR rings. It has served me well in our local tactical competitions. Im in the process of switching calibers to 6.5x47Lapua, cant wait!