Calling all model 19 owners

Dave Anderson

The 19-4 models were made from 1977 - 1982. Box would most likely be blue, two-piece , with "Bangor Punta" printed somewhere on the box. Usually there is a label on the end of the box with information on model, finish, and barrel length.

This applies to blue finish model 19s. Boxes for nickel plated revolvers were gray in color but otherwise identical.

A blue one-piece box was introduced in 1983. It's possible a late production 19-4 could have been shipped in this later style box, for example if it was made in 1982 but not shipped until '83 or later.

Sixesonduty

Sometimes, I'm kinda skeptical of labels due to shady ones putting replacement labels on mismatch boxes . But we're on the same page with the color-thanks:cool:

Dave Anderson

Sometimes, I'm kinda skeptical of labels due to shady ones putting replacement labels on mismatch boxes

Good point, I certainly agree. An internet or ebay search easily finds "replacement labels" for sale. Haven't seen them other than in photos but I suspect they would be hard to discern from originals.

For this era the s/n should also be in grease pencil on the bottom of the box - but of course that could be faked as well.

fishhead1

I bought my M19 in 1975. Still have the box, but it's a M19-3, so guess that won't help. Funny part is, I found it at a K-Mart in Lancaster, CA. Try doing that today.