Calling all Browning BDM owners!

Harry Callahan

I just got back from the gun shop I usually frequent. I went in just to see what was on the shelf(you never know). I asked the owner of the place what he would charge to do a trigger job on my BDM. He said he wouldn't touch it and that basically it was a piece of excrement and doesn't know why Browning would put their name on such junk. I was shocked as it seems most of the people I've talked to that own one love them, including me. It has been utterly reliable and I love just about everything about it(except the trigger:rolleyes:), but this troubles me. Anybody else had a trigger job done to theirs or maybe you're in the same camp as my shop and think it's junk. Any input is appreciated. TIA.

Scorch

He said he wouldn't touch it and that basically it was a piece of excrement and doesn't know why Browning would put their name on such junk.
Now that's the customer service attitude!!

Gunfighter123

Hi Harry,
The BDMs are fine firearms and your local guy is a nitwit:mad: Here in IL. --- I would give Floyd Hanson a try in Rockford. PM me if you need a phone number for him.

http://www.krebscustom.com/ ---------- does great work on ak-47s and also works on EAA Witness handguns

I used to own one and loved it. I ended up selling it and now, of course, I am kicking myself for it because I have the BHP fever again.

Who ever that shop owner was he was an idiot IMO. He's about the first person I have ever heard bad mouth the classic BHP. Sounds like he had some personal issue with the gun.

tekarra

I used to own one, Did not like the DAO trigger as the pull was long and kind of squishy feeling. It lacked acrisp let off. Apart from that it was a fine pistol. Have some regrets selling it.