California Rifle?

Shin-Tao

There is an add in the current shotgun news for a pump-action Kalishnikov in 5.56mm & 7.62x39mm.

Almost all parts are standard spec and it takes standard capacity double-column magazines. But it's a pump action.

L

Lmccrock

Is there a question here?

It is not semiautomatic, so if is not named by model number, it would be legal. An SKS is still legal to purchase in California. A pump kindof takes the fun out of it.

DougB

Shin-Tao,
I'm not sure it's that simple. I understand that any gun based on the AK-47 action is banned (to stop manufacturers and importers from just creating new variants with different names to get around the ban). I'm not sure how a pump-action AK would fit into this. An interesting question.

Doug

Shin-Tao

There really is no question here. I'm just informing you guys of it's existence.

I'm getting one for the hell of it.

Dave R

If it really is CA legal, it may be of interest to our CA members. A range report would be welcome.

Good Guy

A pump action AK would be stupid in my oppinion

iamwithstupid.gif
I agree! What I'd like is a lever action AK with the big "Chuck Connors" hoop on it. Then I could shoot it real fast when I wear my cowboy hat.

Salt

If you want a pump-action rifle, look for the Colt Lightning reproductions for the CAS market.
Chambered in .45 Colt, but I hope that they will soon come out in .44-40, .38-40, and .32-20 as well.

I think it is Navy Arms that has them for sale.