Caesar Guerini Summit Trap

Scorpion8

CG shotguns and especially the O/U's are well regarded, and I've known a few who used them at trap. Considering that the Summit Trap is listed under their trap shotguns, it should be fine as long as the fit and mount are adjusted to you.

Solid Hit

I picked it up Tuesday and patterned it. I got to shoot a round of trap yesterday and did mediocre. I made some changes to the stock last night and I'll try it again today. Beautiful gun and the birds I hit got smoked - using a Mod choke, it is a tight pattern.

FITASC

Great! The beauty of the adjustable comb is that it allows you the ability to fine tune the fit a bit better for you. While not the only factor for fit, it does help. Enjoy it, but realize, you might need some outings to get yourself used to it.

stuckinthe60s

the classic mistake new gun owners make is they blame the gun for anything off.
before you fall into the trap of tweeking this and that....just shoot it until you see a pattern of issues i/e: always taking off the top of the bird, taking off the bottom, having to move your head to get your figure 8, etc...
it may be just you learning the new gun for now. once youre sold on it being a gun issue, adjust only then.
good shooting. have some safe fun.

Nathan

CG makes a heck of a shotgun in my opinion. Doing the research, they seem like the best higher end gun for high volume. Their wear part in the lock up is replaceable with little to no fitting. This is important in Sporting use as you can hit those high numbers that are hard on shotguns.

I unfortunately, as a poor, live with my Browning! Browning like most of the better makers makes a great gun, but when it wears, it needs welded up and refit which is a difficult craftsman’s process that can take months to complete.

FITASC

CG makes a heck of a shotgun in my opinion. Doing the research, they seem like the best higher end gun for high volume. Their wear part in the lock up is replaceable with little to no fitting. This is important in Sporting use as you can hit those high numbers that are hard on shotguns.

I unfortunately, as a poor, live with my Browning! Browning like most of the better makers makes a great gun, but when it wears, it needs welded up and refit which is a difficult craftsman’s process that can take months to complete.

One of my Brownings from 1994 has over 350k through it; springs and firing pins replaced at 90K; it's due now but I now shoot a Beretta DT-11. CG isn't a bad gun at all; but Zoli and Blazer are not my=uch higher before you get to the Perazzi/Kolar/Kreighoff level

Jim Watson

An old Trap and Field item described the ATA member who was at 900,000+ registered targets, hoping to make a million. Wonder how much practice he shot.
He said the Browning lifetime guarantee did not mean much. He got tired of wearing them out and went to an Ithaca single which he only had to replace the mainspring in about twice a year.

When I got out of college, I bought a Superposed 20 ga magnum because Frederick E. Sell said it was the thing to have. Well, it wasn't; I took an interest in Trap and traded it for a second hand Broadway. After a few years it was getting a little wobbly so I sent it off to Arnold, MO. It came back tightened up by, as best I could tell, putting in oversize extractors.

Solid Hit

My average before the Guerini was ~22. My first 2 rounds with the new gun were only 18. I've made some minor adjustments since then and we'll see how that helps me, hopefully, tomorrow. The gun was shooting 80/20 or higher, which doesn't work for me. I prefer 70/30 or 65/35.