Cabela's Scopes and other scope questions

davlandrum

Does anyone know who manufactures scopes for Cabela's. I was trying to match up specs from the Cabela's brand to the other scopes they offer to figure it out, but could not match it out.

What type of scopes work on the new style rifles that put the scope way forward? It seems like a lot of relief to overcome.

Thanks in advance!

steveno

when I worked at Cabela's the word was the the Alaskan Guide scopes were made by the same people that made Sightron scope whoever that is. I have a 4.5 - 14 x 44mm Alaskan guide on a Ruger #1B 22-250. I think for the money they are a pretty good scope although a little on the heavy side. I would buy another one if without any qualms. I don't know who makes the Pine Ridge scopes nor would I buy one them.

tINY

I'd bet money its Hakko. I'd also bet money that there's a contract to not sell those models to any other distributor......

-tINY

I would guess pistol and shotgun scopes..My old bushnell 3200elite had like 19" of eye relief if I remember right.Full arm extension would compare to the rifles your talking about.I believe with the scope way out there you could aquire a target much faster because you would be lined up inline with the scope almost instantly without critical eye placement.correct me if im wrong:)The bushnell optics were good IMO by the way.

ChrisTx

when i was looking, the guy at cabela's was surprisingly honest and knowledgable about them. i asked about the alaskan guide scopes that they sell. he said they'd be no where near the quality of the upper end scopes, but comparable to those in the similar price range. he said for general hunting, they're good, but not for long range target shooting because the clarity isn't as good as a quality target scope.

if you play the cabela's hunting game, you can try out the alaskan guide scope. :D

hoghunting

According to GUNS Magazine from a couple of months back, the Cabela's Alaskan Guide scopes are made by Light Optical of Japan. This is the same company that makes the Night Force scopes. The Night Force scopes are some of the clearest and most durable on the market. Many LEO tactical teams use them, including their snipers.

The scopes needed for the Scout type rifles are IER - intermediate eye relief- and they have an eye relief of about 9"-12". Burris makes some and I think Leupold does also.

tINY

So I lost - where do I send the money?

But, LO is a spec house just like Hakko - they build what you pay for. Just because the high-end stuff is built in the same factory doesn't mean the scopes are the same.

I have a scout mounted scope on my Swede. Pistol scopes work fine, just keep the magnification down to around 2x.

-tINY

Sulaco

I noticed the Browning brand scopes are similar to the Cabela's brand. The Browning scopes I have seen are very bright and well made, but a bit on the heavy side.

Anyone know who makes Browning scopes?

Does anyone know who manufactures scopes for Cabela's. I was trying to match up specs from the Cabela's brand to the other scopes they offer to figure it out, but could not match it out.

A few years ago I was in the market for 4 new scopes and looked at the Cabela's Alaskan scopes. I found warranty info on Leupold, Nikon, Burris, ect but nothing on the Alaskan. I called and asked about the warranty. The guy on the phone gave me a verbal "satisfaction guaranted" warranty. After having had a problem with Cabelas and their "verbal " warranty on something else I bought 4 Leupolds.

davlandrum

Thanks to all

I am still not sure which direction I am going on a new rifle/scope. I really am trying to justify a new bolt action -06 and keep my Rem 7400 -06 for my son. I have a Leupold VX-III scope 3.5 x 10, 50 mm. on my Rem that I could switch over to a new rifle, and worry about another scope later, but I would like to use it as a back-up gun until then.

In reality, I just want a new toy....