C&R/ Stock shape=felt recoil?......

KYE-OAT

......Two parter.
1) Last post has me curious, what/ who do I talk to about getting a C&R. It would cut down on fuss with the Mauser-remodeling.......
2) Can the shape of a stock accentuate recoil? Reason I ask is I just saw a side by side photo of the CZ Lux and the CZ American.
Lux looks like a real kicker......what can shape do/ not do? I read somewhere that when you set a long-gun on the floor with its muzzle up, if the gun set to the "trigger-side" of vertical that it would be more prone to kick its user......

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
Kye-ote, contact your local BATF for the C&R application. Stock design does most certainly contribute to felt recoil. Just like in a shotgun if the stock is too long for the shooter or if there is too much drop at the heel the apparent or felt recoil will be greater. George

Kevinch

TO QUESTION #1:

Go to this page of the ATF web site & download form ATF F 5310.16 Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics).

The form is in .pdf file format; if memory serves you can print & submit that but it requires paper that is legal sized (8 1/2" x 14").

To know the rules & regulations, go to the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2000 and look up the sections pertaining to a Curios & Relics license. You can also download the entire publication.

C.R.Sam

Total area of the buttstock makes a difference too. Skinny butt hurts more than a wide one. Of course, hardness and shape count too.

Sam