c & r renewal question

lagavulin62

I have a question that might seem silly but regarding the certification form for renewal:

On the Certification of Compliance form(ATF F 5330.20) for question number 2 am "I" the one who is the person certifying to citizenship? I know that sounds dumb but just want to make sure they are not asking me to sign in front of a notary.

Thanks

Mike

jsmaye

I just got my renewed license a couple of months ago - I remember seeing the question and answering it in the simplest way. Having my renewal approved means I made the right choice. However, if you do answer something incorrectly, they will return the paperwork,with an explanation of what you need to do to correct it.

For a government agency, they are pretty customer-oriented.

amx4080

The form for renewing must have been updated. My question #2 is:

"Within 30 days after this application has been approved..."

lagavulin62

amx,

I am referring to an added form, the certification of citizenship, not the main form.

maybe they just started this to cut down on fraud? it seems clear now that I reread it. they just want me to sign to declare I am in fact a citizen. of course it's possible they slipped that in the packet by mistake? who knows?

amx4080

My last renewal was October of 2010, and I didn't have a form to sign for citizenship. I'll look for it next time.