c&r licensee's what was your first buy?

2002gti

and do you regret it for being to hasty. what are the best buys going out there right now and can i buy c&r handguns if they are not on the california handgun approved list. i just sent in my app and am starting to look at stuff.

tia

JBP

First purchase was two 1895 Nagant revolvers that I paid $35 apiece for. Sold one of them a couple of years later (to someone in the PRK) for over $100. The best pistol out there now is the CZ52 which you can get for $99. Although they are not C&R the Bulgarian Makarovs are PRK OK (can't beat a Mak). Take a look at SOG. The Walther PP, Manurhin Mfg., 32ACP from Centerfire is a nice pistol.

I prefer revolvers so I troll the auctions looking for deals on old S&Ws. Picked up a couple M&Ps and a 38/44 along with a Colt New Service.

Chipperman

My first C&R buy was a CZ52.
Don't regret it. Big for a .32 ACP, and a gritty trigger, but otherwise I like it.

Hkmp5sd

My first was a Rockola M1 Carbine. Actually had to look in my bound book. It was so long ago I couldn't remember which one was first. :)

gbob01

1938 Turk Mauser form AIM, for $38. Regret it? Hell no! It was fun to bring this one back to life as my first C&R. Good shooter, and it fills out my collection as my only long Mauser.
In answer to your other question, please double check, but yes the handgun must be on the CA approved list.

Snowdog

Chipperman, you probably don't want to try putting .32acp through your CZ52. Well, I guess that's better than trying to cram a 7.62x25 into a CZ50.

The CZ52 was among my first C&R purchases as well, arriving in the same package as my M91/30 and K31.

PATH

My first purchase with my C&R was a Finnish M39. I next picked up two Enfields a 4 and a 5. I recently picked up a VZ-24 Mauser. Oh, I almost forgot my MAS 36.

Zundfolge

My first C&R buy (and only one for that matter :eek: ) was a VZ24 ... next I plan on either a CZ52 or a Sistema Colt.

Chipperman

"Chipperman, you probably don't want to try putting .32acp through your CZ52. Well, I guess that's better than trying to cram a 7.62x25 into a CZ50."
:eek:

Ooops, my bad. It's a CZ50. Good thing I pay more attention when I'm actually shooting. :rolleyes:

Leatherneck

First purchase after i got my C&R was an M1 garand at an estate auction for $400 :D

Auctioneer didn't know what a C&R was, so had to do a 4473 anyway. Oh well... :cool:

TC

Citori

I bought a Turk Mauser and a Sistema 1927 at the same time, within a few days of getting my license. I'd been salivating over the Sistemas while I waited for my license to arrive and I sent a signed copy Next Day to the shop I bought from.

Fred S

Two Japanese Arasaka Type 99 rifles. One was a "last ditch" without the bolt. They guy sold them both to me for $90. I've since traded the good one away for a Mossberg M44, after having getting a better 99 with the mum and monopod. I still have the last ditch.