• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

C&R forum?

Rome

It appears that you've got the web under control and reliable. Any more news on the C&R Forum front? I know it will be popular and I know that you've been busy.

Just wondering.

BTW, the site is very easy to use and as informative as ever.

Rome

Rome-
Fact is, this is my holdup. I apologize. I've been super busy of late. Additionally, I've been on the road for the better part of two weeks and will remain so for at least one more. There's a major project we're working on...it'll all become clear (I hope) by mid-June.

In any case, please bear with and keep reminding me.
Rich

zouave

I just posted this question in the general forum.
I guess I should have looked here first!

I am anxious to see this new board form!

Zouave

Rome

Harley Noldan's forum

That would be fine by me but I'd point out that the discussions will go well beyond research. In many respects, this site will most probably mirror the "art of the rifle" site with the big exception being that we are discussing curios and relics, both pistols and rifles, exclusively. I see the topics ranging all over the place from the historical aspect of any particular rifle or pistol, to ammunition and parts sources, to refinishing techniques. It might require that Harley's forum have a name change.

IMHO a dedicated C&R Forum will really take on a life of its own. It is much broader than the title "research" might imply. I'd hate to see those who use that forum get swamped by other, unrelated topics.

I do, very much appreciate the discussion and consideration you're all giving this suggestion. I'm of the opinion that the C&R holders will become very important in the future as people preserving the history of the firearm, especially inlight of the recent political and legislative attacks. I'll even bet that it becomes one of the more visited forums at this site, especially when the word gets out that it is available at TFL. I visit many of the "one gun" sites out there. They certainly serve their purpose but are not very well attended. Having a dedicated forum for C&R firearms in one place will be unique on the internet and will attract tons of posters.

Rome

Rome

zouave

I joined another forum just because they have a C&R FOURM. It is my favorite topic, to me if the gun isn't old I am not interested!

Zouave