C&r Ffl

lilguy

Anyone on board have a C&R FFL? I live In Illinois and would appreciate any Info and experiences anyone has had. Thanks.

Technosavant

Yes. I don't live in IL though, so your particular laws will vary.

I've not had any problems with it, and it can be nice being able to take my pick of milsurp type guns at distributor pricing.

UniversalFrost

yes, got one, but you need to check your local and state regs.

depending on where you live in IL it could be an issue.

If you need help on the forms let me know.

Also, check out this site for the step by step info on how to fill out the forms and also where to send copies of your FFL once you get it (midwayusa offers dealer discounts for those that have a C&R).

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

Also, you need to request the doc's from the bATF site and then when you submit everything they will send out a generic FFL "welcome" package that is geared mostly towards the 01 (normal) FFL's, but has good info. Also, make sure to keep your books straight, because they can request to see them at any time. Also, when you get the actual C&R FFL make a million UNSIGNED copies of it and NEVER sign the original!!!! Then put the original in a safe place and UNSIGNED! I also made a scan of the unsigned original on my PC and emailed it to myslef in case I lose the original and I also did the same with a signed copy, because the BATF now allows you to scan and email a signed copy of your FFL to other FFL's, but not all FFL's are up on the regs or READ the reg updates that are sent out so, they may not take a scanned and emailed copy, but you can fax if they have a fax, but still some folks still don't accept fax even though it is almost the norm compared snail mailing a red or blue ink signed copy.

JOE

DRD

I have a C&R and live in Illinois. At least for now, it's great as long as you don't live in Cook county. In Cook, I'm not sure.
Most commercial sellers want a copy of your FOID card in addition to your C&R.

lilguy

I just received my application. It appears to be straight forward if you are a natural born American individule applying for the lic. Anything to be careful about? Thanks.

UniversalFrost

the surplus rifle link i posted is exactly what you need to follow!

Also, the surplus site is updated, just not every page. The renewing your C&R section was just updated in 2007.

Also, I am getting ready to stand up a section on my website soon that will list the C&R and normal FFL procedures and links to distributors, etc... and gun FAQ's.

Stay tuned.

JOE