C&R ammo

kab37

Help !

I'm receiving a new bunch of foolish "we can,t ship to Mass" crap. Latest frm Long Mountain on 9mm Largo. (of course they had shipped me some 2500 rounds over the last three years).

I have misplaced my list of C&R ammo. Is 9mm Largo (9x23) C&R? If so, why can't it be shipped to my 03 here in the people's republic?

Why can't it be shipped anyway???

carguychris

I do recall that the first section of the ATF C&R booklet did list a bunch of "C&R" calibers, but I never understood why.
I believe your question is answered on Page 11 of the C&R booklet.
SECTION I. Ammunition Classified as Curios or Relics: Ammunition is no longer classified as “curios or relics” since the Congress in 1986 removed the interstate controls over ammunition under the GCA. We have continued the listing of 1972-1986 ammunition determinations as a service to those who rely on this list as a means of evaluation.
(emphasis mine)

FWIW most of the formerly C&R centerfire pistol cartridges are long-obsolete historical footnotes- with the possible exception of .38LC- and 9mm Largo is not listed.

kab37

Thanks for explaining the C&R part - now why can't (won't) dealers such as Sarco, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc. ship to Mass?

Don H

I believe the MA Attorney general has determined that online sales of ammo that are received by a MA resident requires the seller to have a MA Ammunition Sales License and has threatened to sue those internet sellers who do not comply.

Just going on memory for this but it should give you a starting point to research the question.