c&r .22lr?

kraigwy

I think so, something along the lines of the Winchester Models 62 & 63. Great guns, but they arnt really that expensive.

Unrelated I have a Remington Model 25 in 25-20 that is a perfect match for my Model 62 Winchester.

carguychris

What do you consider "inexpensive"?

I recently bought a very nice Winchester Model 69 pre-"A" for $160. Winchester's less prestigious bolt guns are generally less expensive than their slide-action models, with the exception of rifles with the rare factory scopes and a few models that were sold very briefly (Model 56/57). I've seen all sorts of good deals on Model 69s, Model 67s, Model 1902s, and Model 1904s on GB recently.

The Savage 23A "Sporter" is another nifty and reasonably-priced vintage .22.

Avenger

Just about any military trainer from WW2 should be eligible. The Mossberg 44(US) is now on the list, I believe. I see those in the 300 dollar range at local shows fairly often.

James K

Member In Memoriam
2010-50=1960. There are a whooole lot of .22 rifles around made before 1960, and most are in the $100 or less category. I can't believe one can't be found. Now, if you choose to interpret "C&R" as meaning only mililtary surplus, that is another story.

Jim