Buying this Colt Combat Commander

KJr

I can buy this 45 but think the price is too high at $650. I think $500 is more than fair for a very used Colt. Also, I can not find any info on this particular model. Please advise.
colt%2045-01.jpg

colt%2045-02.jpg

Last edited:

pythagorean

The Combat Commander was my first 1911 I bought in 1991 or so. It was a perfect gun. All stainless, had a plastic MSH and trigger but worked just great.

VHinch

$650 is a little high, but $500 is way low. If it were me, I'd probably offer $575 and be happy if I could get it for $600.

Winchester_73

The combat commander is a STEEL frame version of Colts commander which was a lightweight frame. The commander itself is a 4.25 in barrel version of the 1911A1. The MK IV version pictured, could be a series 70 but I bet its a series 80 which is less desirable. The 70 series has an excellent reputation, whether its actually better or not is a different story, but rep wise, it is. If its somehow a series 70, probably a buy at $650. If a series 80, a fair ask price at $650 and a bargain at $500, as others have said.

IMightBeWrong

Vhinch is right I think. The seller probably is just saying 650 to keep the counter from dropping below! 600 anyway. I would do something similar.

I have a series 80 myself, by the way, and its incredibly reliable.

KJr

Thank you for the feedback. I will negotiate for my best price and feel comfortable that I have made a good choice.