BUying Nikon MOnarch. but Where?

Deerhunter264

I am buying a nikon monarch 3-12x42mm Luster(gloss) nikoplex for my browning x bolt .243 medallion. I have been looking and i am trying to get it cheap when i mean cheap somewhere around $300. Everywhere i look it is 409, but i found some where where it is 350 but i think i could find cheaper can anyone help me with this.:confused:

Doyle

If you do see some that look suspiciously cheap, they may be new old stock. Nikon changed the Monarch this past year and the new one costs more than the old one did. Some dealers are selling off their remaining stock of the old model pretty cheap.

LanceOregon

The 3-12x model is part of Nikon's new Monarch product line. So if anyone sees a Monarch listed as being 3-12x, it is definitely not old stock from the discontinued product line.

I've certainly not been able to beat that $349 price anywhere for one of the new generation Nikons. SWFA is the biggest of all of the online scope retailers, and they want $410 for that model:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8765-2201-nikon-3-12x42-monarch-riflescope.aspx

Now if you don't mind not getting the latest and greatest, SWFA still has some of the older generation 3.3-10x 44mm Nikon Monarchs in stock that are New In Box. And they are certainly an excellent scope too. And they have them on close-out for only $249

See this link below:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1916-218-nikon-33-10x44-monarch-ucc-riflescope.aspx

That scope would be an incredible buy too. The optics on the older Nikon Monarch models are just as good. You just don't have as much zoom range, and the parallax adjustment is not side-focus, as it is with the new models.

But you would save yet another $100

tulsamal

A C&R costs you $30 for every three years. You file the paperwork and get one. Then you send it off to places like Midway and Graf's and you get dealer pricing. On something like a single scope, you could save more than the entire three year term of the license!

For instance, Graf's lists that scope. (Unfortunately it is Out of Stock...) With the C&R discount, it would run you $285.99. Nikon 3-12x42mm Monarch Side Focus Gloss Plex.

Why don't all serious shooters and gun collectors have a C&R?!?!

Gregg

LanceOregon

That is a very good point to make Gregg.

I see that Bud's has now run out of stock on that model also. So it is on backorder with them now too.

The local dealers near me cannot seem to keep the new Monarchs in stock either.

There must be a supply/demand issue at work on these scopes.

Horseman

I will probably get flamed for saying this but............Ebay. I've been amazed how cheap I can buy scopes for on Ebay. Some "price protected" by the mfg. Apparently the sellers on Ebay find a way around that. Just look at the sellers feedback first of course.

If that doesn't get it done try Bear Basin Outfitters. You'll have a hard time finding prices higher than SWFA. I don't know what changed, a couple of years ago they were sometimes the cheapest, not anymore.

Doyle

You have to be careful on Fleabay. I've been bitten with a counterfeit scope. Some are really hard to tell from the real thing - until you try to get it repaired under warranty.

Horseman

"Fleabay" has done right by me. If you look at the main sellers of optics on Ebay most of them have thousands of positive feedbacks with MAYBE 2 or 3 negative feedbacks. If you buy from a reputable vendor I truely believe it is usually the cheapest way to buy a scope. I bet many online retailers would have a hard time holding that kind of satisfaction rate. If someone is selling fakes it would be hard to have thousands of positive feedbacks.

If you buy a counterfiet product on Ebay and have payed with PayPal you have protection to get your money back and freeze the sellers account. You actually have pretty good protection IMO.

LanceOregon

If that doesn't get it done try Bear Basin Outfitters. You'll have a hard time finding prices higher than SWFA. I don't know what changed, a couple of years ago they were sometimes the cheapest, not anymore.

The price for the scope at Bear Basin is exactly the same as it is at SWFA.

Horseman

Lance

Generally speaking Bear Basin will be cheaper than SWFA. Sometimes the prices are the same but Bear Basin will add free shipping and mounts etc. Ask SWFA for their 110% price match guarantee. It's a joke. 110% is misleading. They give you 10% of the difference IF the vendor is approved by them. Each time I tried it, it basically made the scope a few dollars less than the competitor. I decided to give my business to the vendors with the cheaper prices in the first place.

Don't get me wrong. I still like SWFA, I just got a scope from them yesterday.

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could find a scope at Bear Basin that was more expensive than SWFA but I am generalizing and I've been buying scopes from both vendors for years.

brif

I see midsouth has a price of $319 on this scope. Sadly, the staus is "on order". I picked up a 4x16 monarch with the side focas from midsouth acouple months back for $350. They seem to have pretty good prices on thier monarchs.

brif

I see at optic zone they have your scope for $345. It doesn't say it isn't in stock so maybe you'll be in luck. I looked at alot of places when I bought mine acouple months back so I'm rechecking those places. I remember buds gun shop also had good prices but someone already mentioned they are out of stock.

http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=4215