Buying a Ruger 9mm cylinder

USNRet93

Looking at a Ruger Blackhawk convertible but the gent only has the .357 cylinder...is it possible to buy a 9mm cylinder from Ruger? Are there years where they won't accept a 'modern/new one(gun is a 1996 model)..emailed Ruger but radio silent.

TJB101

Personally I would wait to find one with both cylinders at LGS or on Armslist. They come up every once in a while.

Watch Tanners Sports Center (Facebook) ... on Friday’s at 10am they post all their trade-ins... They posted 120 yesterday ... look at yesterday’s post. Maybe saw one. Top25 on gun broker... they move a lot of guns.

USNRet93

Ruger answer.
This is a factory fit item. Please call our customer service department 336-949-5200 to set up an RMA and we can fit and time a new cylinder for you for approximately $180.00.

Thanks to Ruger!

Pahoo

Best advice !!

Contact Ruger. They will want to fit it themselves and I agree with that policy.
I've heard of some folks being able to buy one on the internet with success then I've seen this go the other way and it hasn't worked out. Even if it does work out most of the time, do you want to take that chance. If you are serious about getting the needed cylinder, then bite the bullet and go to the factory. It's common for me to see orphaned cylinders on the parts guy's table and yes, they sell them. Now then, somewhere in never land, there is a cylinder with the partial serial number of your Ruger…. :confused:

Be Safe !!!

tallball

I bought one on eBay. It fit and worked just fine... after I cleaned it thoroughly.

My thinking was that I could just turn around and sell it on eBay if it didn't fit. If you got a decent deal on one, you wouldn't lose any money that way, or just a few dollars.