Buying a gun online

epic4444

can someone break it down to me how it works and what i need to do to make it happen...btw thinking of buying a gun from Gunsamerica.com

hanno

You need to make arrangements with your local Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer to receive the firearm for you. The dealer will likely charge you a fee for doing so (mine charges $25). Then get a copy of your dealer's FFL and send it along with the payment to the seller. The seller will send the firearm to your dealer and the dealer will handle the transfer and paperwork for you.

tschmittel

I have bought 3 on line. Two from gunbroker and one from budsgunshop. You need to be legal to own one in your state and then find an FFL dealer who will take transfers. They charge for the transfer. I pay $35 for a transfer but some pay less depending on where you live. Gunbroker has a feature on it's website that is an FFL locater. You type in your ZIP and it give you some close ones. Find out what shipping and transfer fees are first. Also most on line deals are sales tax free. Good luck, it is pretty easy.

NGIB

Also make sure to check if your FFL will receive the gun from the source selling it. I know many in the Atlanta area will not accept one from a private party (even though it's legal). Then make sure you stay within all your local laws. For example, if your state requires a waiting period, your FFL will have to hold it for the required number of days after you fill out the 4473.

I'm lucky that we don't have these type of laws here in GA and I scanned my FFLs license into a PDF file that I can email to the seller to make things quicker. I've bought 5 online and another is on the way...

tplumeri

get a copy of your dealer's FFL and send it along with the payment to the seller.

or have FFL holder fax copy or email copy of FFL. both are now legal.
i buy almost all my guns online this way. (Nearest gun store is 1 hr drive.)
if you buy from davidsons they have FFL network as well.
tom

MBRinTN

I've bought a couple of guns online, and have used a local pawn shop for the receiving end of the transfer. The shops I worked with simply asked me to ask the pawn shop to fax a copy of their FFL, which they were happy to do. Mine charged $25 for the background check and transfer. Piece of cake.

chilie23

It's easy, I recommend buds gun shop. Easy to deal and even sweeter was my FFL was already on file with them so I just clicked and bought. Have gotten 3 beauties this way. fyi check their prices out, they may beat gunsamerica, and the shipping is free! No I do not work for or am I paid to endorse them. Just a happy satisfied customer.

JB Books

Great Success with Auctionarms.com and Gunbroker.com

I have purchased many, many firearms from both of these sites and been very happy. I have more experience with AA and I know they have moderaters who patrol the site and disable offers "too good to be true." I have bought everything from collectable Walthers to Winchester rifles and never had a problem.

On AA check out a seller called Jackthedog. He has awesome collectables, everything from WW 1 & 2 rifles and handguns to Prewar Smiths to all types of colts. Very nice guy and very fair.