Buy or Sell... Sig?

eldogg4life

Looking for a full size, double action Sig. Haven't held one, but would like to know its pros and cons. Please suggest a full size, 9mm, high cap Sig. Please include MSRP. Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks in advance. U guys ROC!!!

RsqVet

Do a search here to get more info, the clasic full size Sig in the 226, available traditional double action or double action only, in alloy frame stanadard or optional all stainless, with or without night sights, with various finishes, capacity is 10, 15 or 20 + 1 depending on you mags, the 20 protrudes form the gun.

The 228 and 229 are compact guns based on the the 226 that can be had in 9mm as well.

I'm sure there are many options in the Sig pro line as well --- these are the polymer frame sigs, thouhg they hold no intrest to me so I don't watch them at all.

See. www.sigarms.com for the full line up.

Christian 812

If you're looking for a full size Sig-Sauer in 9 mm, the P-226 is what you need.
Not a price of beauty ... a classical very well balanced, damm reliable, very smooth trigger in SA (first shot) and in DA, easy to strip and clean. 1,5" at 25 yards is easy after a 200 rounds practise.

Available in all the finishes that RsqVet mention. The all stainless is heavy and its balance doesnt suit me.

The only change I made is installing a pair of rubber grips coming from the 226 Sport and made by Hogue. Better grip and handling for me.

Shoot safe

Jehzsa

The 226 is a fine gun. For something smaller get the 229. Slide is tougher than the 228's and by changing barrels(mags) you can also shoot .357 sig and .40 S&W.

r.w. schrack

Good Choice!!!!

I Own 2 226's, 1 228, and 1 229, All shoot about the same and all in 9mm, The 229 is basicaly the same as the 228 but has a U.S. manufactored with stainless slide and external ejector and rolled pins, which are desighned to handle the .40 S/W and .357 Sig rounds. This model is also avail. in 9mm. the unique feature of the 229 is both the .40 and .357 can be fired from same weapon with a barrel change and takes 30 seconds, which is offered by some dealers. Another Sig Plus is 226 9mm mags 15rd will fit in 228/229 9mm, but has a gap at bottom, which an adapter is avail at brownells stock #100-001-914 or be creative and make your own. Actualy it is not needed but will prevent damage to mag or weapon if slammed up into weapon. My Sigs all have about the same trigger pull. The 229 has a tad bit more recoil than the 228, and the 226 is close to the 228. I recommend the 228, that is my favorite of the 4. If you could fire all of them before choosing, remember you are the one who will be the owner and you have to be happy!!!!! Don't be talked into something you don't want. Good Luck, Reggie