Bushnell Trophy T-Dot reticle issues?

Jeffdg

Hello - I just received my third Bushnell Trophy Red/Green T-Dot sight from amazon (the first didn't turn off properly and the second, well, was "used").

It functions okay, but all the green settings seem to have a much fainter T just off to the side, basically a "ghosting" effect that makes the "T" seem blurry. This is on all the green brightness levels. This does not happen on any of the red settings. The red is, well, perfectly in focus (i.e., no ghosting).

I called Bushnell tech support and he said this was "normal", esp. under artificial light (?????) and that it can happen w/the red as well (though I can't seem to "make" it happen).

Reallllyy????!?!?
What do y'all think?
Is this 1. Normal? and 2. if not, what should I buy as an alternative in a similar price range (no, probably not going to give it a fourth attempt if I return this one)???

I use this on my Remington VTR R-15. I'm not going crazy shooting thousands of rounds/month, perhaps MAX 1000 rounds per year, mostly for sport (3-gun shoots) - so I'm not going to get an ACOG or even a Eotech. Let's keep it under $200. Thanks!