Bushmaster Stainless Varmint Special .223

Inspector3711

I've run across an opportunity to pick up one of these. The rifle is new and unfired. The price is so low I'll keep it to myself.

Any opinions on this model? This is my first A/R.....

Jimro

I have a Bushmaster. I bought it because it was cheap too. It's just as good as any other AR out there.

Jimro

Inspector3711

I figured it was a decent brand. I do wonder about accuracy with the varmint barrel. The only negative is the scope. I think ATN is a decent brand as well but it's steel and pretty heavy. I may have to save up for something else but we'll see.

In any case I can't turn it down for the price. Even if a guy were to sell it right away I'd make several hundred off of it. I may just like it though:rolleyes:

IXLR8

I have one, and it is a very accurate, and well made rifle.

After reading about piston uppers, that is all I want to own now. There is nothing bad I can say about the quality, or fit, it is superb. I just get tired of cleaning the breech, but that is inherent in the AR design.

Next rifle will be a POF. (but the POF is 5x the price)

Inspector3711

I'm mostly into bolt actions, with the exception of my SKS. The cleaning routine will be a small learning curve but if it's as accurate as the say, it'll be worth it. Bolt action accuracy out of a semi is nice.

Ozzieman

The one in the middle of the photo is my Bushmaster. I put the gun togther from parts, the upper and lower are bushmaster.
The gun shoots very well and has worked well for years. My only complant is the front of the gun is so heavy that its a bench gun only. But that was my choice.
They are well worth the price.

Last edited:

Inspector3711

Well, at the price I'm paying I'd buy it if it were another SKS. If I decide it's too front heavy I could always buy a barrel. I'll probably leave it as is though, especially if it's as accurate as I'm hoping it is.

Now I just have to wait until he brings it on his next visit, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks....