BushMaster,RockRiver,or Armalite

ZeroJunk

I'm sure this has been beat to death, but the search function doesn't seem to be working.
Which of these would be the best AR-15 for a deputy sherriff to carry in his patrol car?

VUPDblue

Number each choice 1,2 and 3. Have your friend pick a random number out of those. You won't be disappointed with any of the choices listed.

benny27

Well all three will do the job but if you want any money left over after you buy one I'd stick with Bushmaster, or RockRiver. Armalites are just overpriced in my opinion.

NetJnkie

Agree with above. I have a Bushmaster and RR and have handles several Armalites. All good guns. If I was buying today though it would be a RR. It's the best fit and finish I've seen and priced reasonably.

IdahoG36

As stated earlier, all three would be excellent choices to fill that role. All three are quality weapons.

19kilo

I like bushmaster but would have to give the nod once again to the Armalite M-15 its chambered NATO 5.56 and has the heavy barrel you just cant beat that combo for velocity/accuracy when targeting at range

MMcfpd

As has been said, any of the three will do. I have a Bushmaster 16" 1:7 Superlight that is a very accurate little rgun - it might make a very good choice for a patrol rifle.
the Armalite M15 since it is NATO 5.56...
...the Armalite M-15 its chambered NATO 5.56...

Oddly enough, every M-15 on Armalite's site lists the caliber as .223. I think they in fact are chambered for 5.56, but you don't see that noted.

chuter

Why don't you ask about Colt? I'd go Colt first then Armalite. Is the department buying it? Most manufacturers and their dealers provide attractive pricing programs for PD's. Are you buying a selective fire weapon, not just a semi-auto AR-15?

Barber2678

I'm with Chuter. I would go for Colt first and then LMT and then the others. Yours and others life may depend on it!

JBriggs

Bushmaster.

My LEO buddy carries a .30 carbine in his patrol vehicle. Small and quick handling and a decent enough round to do what he has to do with it. Some say the .30 carbine round is underpowered, but a lot LEOs I know like it because of that very fact- that it is not as susceptible to over penetration as 5.56 and thus safer to use around the public.

ZeroJunk

He decided to buy an unfired Smith&Wesson MP15 from another officer. It was about $250 cheaper than a new price and had a lot of accessories.

Bazooka Joe71

All of those are fine choices...

Don't forget about Stag though...I don't own one myself, but I have heard nothing but excellent things about them, and not just from people who only own 1 AR and it's a Stag, I mean dealers.