Bushmaster .223, scope & tripod recovered from Caprice

El Rojo

How long until the ban all tripods? :barf: Good thing I have a couple of bipods, but none of those high capacity legged tripods. Mine are all limited to two legs. :D

Brandon French

Is it time to stock up on 223

I have two different variants of this rifle. I wonder if I should stock up on ammo before they deside to ban it.

foghornl

I wonder if I should stock up on ammo before they deside to ban it.
Never mind buying by the case, buy it in truckload lots.

I don't have any .223 weapons, but I am stocking up on ALL my calibres.

Ironbarr

C'mon...

such pessimists.

Why pick on one caliber bullet? I'm sure in their time 9mm, 45ACP, 3006 and others have had their day "in the dark recesses of man's mind".

I, for one, MUST maintain rosy glasses - since I just bought an AR in .223 - only 39 rounds through the pipe. Front sight was mis-aligned, so it went back for re-tweak. Maybe I'll see it again before 2003, huh?

Think positive.

-Andy

mpthole

Sounds like some of you missed out on the great deals at Knob Creek. I picked up a 2,700 rounds South African M193 for $325. :)

C.R.Sam

Enough contradictions so far to keep a debating team of lawyers arguing for eer.

Would indeed be nice to live long enough to learn the real story.

Sam

David Park

Police sources have said that the rifle found in the car is a ballistic match to the shootings.

I still don't understand this "tripod" business.

Joe Demko

They probably mean a bipod, but a tripod isn't out of the question. That ultra-expensive HK sniper rifle (psg-1?), for example, does have an actual tripod as one of its accessories. I've also seen little U-shaped thingies for sale that screw onto the top of a photographic tripod and let you use it for a rifle rest. Same thingie will screw onto the top of a monopod/hiking staff. Anyhow, the reporter probably got it wrong, but maybe not.

JackM

The boob tube had a long shot of a cop carrying the rifle and setting it down on a Harris type bipod on tonights news. Of course it could have been the cop's rifle. I lost count of the mistakes the ballistic idiots made in the newscast.

·)÷(·
Jack

Betty

Watch-Six,
And I've got an OD green Bogen! It can blend into the woods!

I'm wondering how he got the Bushy - apparently he "shouldn't have been able to" because of the Order of Protection filed by the ex-wife? Anyone know the details? (I've heard six verions of everything by now.) I hope he didn't get it through a gun show - the anti's would have a frothing frenzy over that. :mad:

UnknownSailor

If asked about the purchase, don't hesitate to bring up the fact that the Brady bill background check totally missed his restraining order. Use this to point out the total uselessness of the Brady bill. Then point out that this guy used one of those "evil assault rifles" to do his shooting, yet he didn't "spray every bullet in his magazine as fast as he could pull the trigger". He sqeezed off one round, and then beet feet.