Bush under attack by HCI

According to NBC News tonight, HCI is now airing an anti-Bush ad that seeks to link him with the NRA. Commentary indicated that according to polls, most Americans are between NRA and Gore on gun control. That is probably correct.

Perhaps we shouldn't be too eager to jump on Bush for some of his stands (banning import of hi-cap magazines). He is reading the polls too. And a vote for ANYBODY except Bush is a vote for Gore. I don't think Bush will push for additional gun controls once elected, but I'm certain Gore will.

Vote next November. It has never been more vital to the preservation of the 2nd Amendment.

------------------
Gary L. Griffiths
Chief Instructor
Advanced Force Tactics, Inc.

nralife

Thursday May 4 4:06 PM ET

Group Seeks To Link Bush, NRA

By LAURA MECKLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - George W. Bush (news - web sites) today dismissed a gun control group's new TV ad featuring tape of a National Rifle Association official touting its clout in a potential Bush White House, saying he isn't influenced by the NRA. ``My job is to do with I think is right,'' he said.

``I'll be setting up shop in the White House. It'll be my office, I'll make the decisions as to what goes on in the White House,'' Bush told reporters at a campaign stop in Mission Viejo, Calif.

The TV ad being distributed by Handgun Control Inc. shows a tape of Kayne Robinson, the NRA first vice president, telling a gathering: ``If we win we'll have a president ... where we work out of their office.''

The group calculates that voters will be less likely to support Republican Bush - and more likely to back Democrat Al Gore a gun control advocate - if they know the Texas governor's pro-gun views.

Gore moved quickly to capitalize on the news, rewriting a speech on child health care in Chicago to include a blistering attack on Bush.

``Governor Bush has convinced the NRA that he wants to take the gun lobbyists out of the lobby and put them right in the Oval Office. Maybe he would pick Charlton Heston as the next surgeon general,'' Gore said.

``His agenda clearly and overwhelmingly reflects their influence: a highly flawed health care plan and more concealed weapons on our streets and even in our churches and synagogues,'' he added.

The Bush campaign said that's not true. ``Neither the NRA nor any special interest group sets Governor Bush's agenda,'' said Bush spokesman Scott McClellan.

Meanwhile, negotiations have broken down between gunmakers and 31 cities that have sued them in an attempt to hold gun manufacturers liable for gun violence, accusing them of failing to use safety features.

A gun industry representative, Robert Delfay, said today that gunmakers don't want the Clinton administration, which has threatened a federal suit of its own, to be part of the talks.

``If there is a Republican administration in 2001, there will be a much more favorable view of an American's right to keep and bear firearms than there currently is,'' said Delfay, president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

The ad says Bush signed a law that allows concealed weapons to be carried, ``in churches, nursing homes, even amusement parks.'' Actually, the laws bans concealed weapons from such places, but Bush signed follow-up legislation saying the law can only be enforced if visitors are notified of the rules in posted signs or with hand-out cards, for example.

``This is a record that only the gun lobby could love, but for most Americans, it's pretty scary,'' said James Brady, the former White House press secretary who is at the forefront of gun control efforts.

The 30-second Handgun Control spot begins airing today in seven states and will run for a week. The group, which would not identify the states, said it was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on the ad buy.

The group obtained the Robinson clip from a videotape purchased from the NRA Web site, and NRA officials did not back off their views that a Bush presidency would be good for their issue.

``I want tell you a piece of news that I just don't think that you probably knew before,'' Robinson said. ``We like George Bush better than Al Gore.''

The comment about working out of the White House, he said, was a response to the Clinton administration, where the gun control advocates have had found tremendous support.

``Handgun control and he anti-gun people have had literally unlimited access to the White House ... working right out of the office,'' said Robinson, who also chairs the Iowa Republican Party. Reaching for his Iowa roots, he said the gun control people have been like a giant pig at the state fair while the pro-gun side is just a ``poor little duck.''

``We've been on the outside of the fence looking in,'' he said.

Under a Bush White House, he said, ``We're looking at having something like the kind of access to the White House ... which Handgun Control has enjoyed.''

RickD

Dubya is not now, nor has he ever been, a member of the NRA.

Having heard the HCI spot on the radio, I must remark in its bodacious lies and half-truths.

HCI, it appears, got some extra Christmas money for these spots. NRA will be more than up to the challenge of responding, as will Dubya, all on his own.

Rick

El Jefe

HCI Has gone way out of their way, in an effort to push their boy Al-no more guns-Gore into the lime light. They even started a new website that does nothing but bash G.W. Bush, You have to read the commentary and watch the videos, they are scared that THEY are gonna get kicked out of the White house! They have had the Presidents ear for so long they know they are about to be handed an eviction notice! Look it over and KNOW who YOU MUST VOTE FOR! United we Stand....If Bush has them this worried then he is the one to back!! Here is the HCI sponsored site bashing GW........ http://www.bushandguns.com/ maybe we need to start bushandguns.net.......Hehehehe

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

My daughter came up with a good one, yesterday. Especially regarding Clinton:

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently. And for the same reason.

------------------
Gary L. Griffiths
Chief Instructor
Advanced Force Tactics, Inc.

RickD

Sounds like the Sarah (Registered Republican) Brady-led HCI is tripping over its 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and doing some serious political activism.

I am sure Janet Reno will get right on it.

Rick

El Jefe

Just dawned on me that we could use the Bushandguns.com site to e-mail GW Bush and tell him what a good job he is doing and piss HCI off a little in the process!

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

Bam Bam

Hey, I tried to use that link to send Pro-SAF email and it keeps saying the document has no data. What gives?

Never mind, gotta include the home ph. no.

dZ

registrant:
Keith Hall (BUSHANDGUNS-DOM)
1225 Eye Street, NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
US

Domain Name: BUSHANDGUNS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact, Billing Contact:
Hall, Keith R (KRH92) webmaster@HANDGUNCONTROL.ORG
Handgun Control Inc/Center to Prevent Handgun
1225 Eye Street, NW Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
202-898-0792 (FAX) 202-682-4462

Record last updated on 25-Apr-2000.
Record expires on 29-Mar-2001.
Record created on 29-Mar-2000.
Database last updated on 10-May-2000 06:51:36 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.NAMESERVE.NET 207.159.128.3
NS2.NAMESERVE.NET 207.159.128.11

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Hmm, let's see now.

Candidate 1: 0 votes.
Candidate 2: 0 votes.
Candidate 3: 0 votes.

Somebody votes for candidate 2.

Candidate 1: 1 vote.
Candidate 2: 0 votes.
Candidate 3: 1 vote.

I guess I understand. (Mist!)

nralife

I just sent George W. Bush a message. The link from that site goes right to Governor Bush's website! It is easy as pie. Who's next to send a message? :)

nralifer