Bush signs bill to tighten gun-buyer screening

Manedwolf

It's a good bill, but McCarthy has already taken it as carte blanche to continue her agenda. She's said so.

She's in for a rude awakening. Her crusade for the "gun show loophole" that never existed isn't going anywhere but committee limbo forever. Useless woman who needs psychological help.

Eghad

"This program is just a disaster in the making," Rand said, arguing that the new law could put guns back in the hands of dangerous people. She said the legislation allowed veterans judged to be mentally incompetent to seek to get their gun privileges restored if they could show that they were unlikely to endanger public safety or that they had received treatment and recovered.

We all that due process in America lady.....I guess her organization doesn't believe in due process and rights?

Csspecs

We all that due process in America lady....

Want or need would fit

We all need that due process in America lady....
We all want that due process in America lady....

The law requires that information be shared between government offices, if it had been shared then the V-tech nut job would have been denied when he treid to buy his guns (not that he could not have found another way). And even better is that it now allows for people to get their rights back in the case of mental problems that have been resolved.

This only even effects a few states as most have been sharing the information for quite some time but we all get the other benefit. I wish they could get the same deal for felons, you should have the chance to get your rights back if you really have changed.

Average Joe

She is against guns because her husband and son were shot on a New York subway by a deranged man. What she doesn't get, is that if her son or husband were armed, they would be alive today, and the madman would be dead.. She wants all of us to be victims.

Where are our resident GOA folks to tell us what a terrible law this is?

I guess they must have skimmed past it because it's not called the "veterans disarmament act" here.