Burris Eliminator scopes

taylorce1

I got to look through one and my impressions were:

1. It is big and bulky.

2. It is heavy.

3. It doesn't help you compensate for wind at all.

4. It will make it tempting to use your scope instead of binos to check out perspective targets.

5. I'll stick to my range finder and drop charts.

All in all I'm sure the scope works reasonably well. Thing is I don't know how well it will range your hunting targets in the field. My Leupold RB800's have a hard time picking up coyotes and pronghorns beyond 200 yards, and they are supposed to work on non-reflective targets out to 800. Even though the Eliminator scope will compensate for bullet drop, it isn't going to make long shots any easier unless you are already skilled at shooting long range. Plus is the rang finder doesn't range your target then you are stuck with a regular scope that is big and heavy.

mdd

Two of my friends here locally have them. They were disappointed in the time it takes for the scope to operate. Jason & Eric both purchased them anticipating they would be excellent for hunting coyotes but the time delay proved troublesome for dynamic targets such as varmints. I know at least one the two is for sale if you are interested in giving it a try.

BrittB

I was thinking about putting one on my Winchester 70 in 300 Win Mag and I would be using it for deer and elk for the most part. Would it work well for that application?

dzavoina

I have one on my BAR in 30-06, and have used it for white tail deer. I'm happy with it. Going to try on Texas hogs later on.

mdd

Britt, both of my buddies made the statement that it would be much better suited for elk or whitetail. The owner of the one that is for sale has no interest in hunting either. The other one is being put on a 7mm mag for an elk hunt.