buried treasure

MDman

my friend while digging at a construction site came across a very old colt revolver. he brought it to me, where I am now trying to figure out exactly what it is. to the best of my knowledge it is a 1905 army issue in .45 acp. serial number is #35370

its in real bad shape, the plan is to make it pretty enough and stick it on the wall, but it needs grips and im not sure where to find those.

any help?

tplumeri

Hey MD,
send me a pic if you can. I would like to see if its a candidate for my blast cabinet. Can take it down with anything from aluminum oxide to glass beads depending on what youre looking for. No charge, curious to see how it turns out.
re grips; had a custom set by a guy named carrie (carry?), cant find the web site,. if anyone can make em, he can. Im sure someone on the forum knows who i mean.
if youre "wood handy" get a set of blanks and make your own. pretty standard configuration. i did that for a vaquero and it turned out nice.
tom

MDman

md stands for mountain dew and maryland, however I move to colorado in 2 days.

what are the laws for shipping a revolver...

tplumeri

at www.handgungrips.com

just saw this on another thread. check em out.

Shipping by private party can only be done via fed ex overnight to an FFL or back to the factory, as far as i know. cheaper route is to find FFL near you and have them ship. Still need FFL to recieve.

If your driving across, just disasemble and pack in trunk. ammo separately.

If youre driving, Im only an hour north of 70. The back 40 is my range.
Let me know if you want to shoot.
tom