Burgess Folding Shotgun

AK103K

Came across this reading Ayoob's American Handgunner column. Interesting write up on the death of Pat Garrett, of Billy the Kid fame, in the latest issue. Apparently, he was in possession of one at the time of his death.

In all these years of floating in and around the gun world, and seeing all sorts of cool and weird stuff, this is the first Ive ever heard of one, and Im amazed it never took off, even today.

Good video here on it, and a really nice example form the looks of it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvmGtLYwKA

Brit

Incredibly simple, the two cut-outs in the stock to allow the folding to be straight, and neat! So simple, so brilliant.

The bottom loading, and ejecting, and being fully sealed against foreign objects, sand or dirt marvelous. Six rounds, in such a neat package?
Hard to beat in 2015.

Virginian

While it is interesting, it died because the competition offered a better value in the eyes of the consumers of the day. I have no doubt if the Chinese made them today they would sell, as long as they were cheap.

Really interesting design, but I can see why it did not win out. I would love to know what they cost compared to the Winchester at the time.
I'd love to own one though.