Bump Fire Device by Slidefire Solutions.

Darren007

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre#p/u/1/l0BgLk1i9yY

Has anyone seen or used one of these before? I'm thinking it could be a fun toy, but really nothing more than that.

On the other hand, I doubt very many ranges would even allow you to use it. He mentions that it is approved by the BATFE, but I'm thinking it's only matter of time before it gets banned as well. While it may not "mechanically" change the way the gun is operated, it certainly would seem to defeat the spirit of the ban on automatic weapons.

Anyway, just wondering what your guys' thoughts or opinions are on one of these.

kozak6

It's exactly the same as an Atkin's Accelerator, except you pull the firearm forward again instead of a spring.

It seems awfully expensive for what it is.

I question the legality, regardless of whatever letter they have.

I also find it baffling that it is being sold as an aid for the handicapped.

Microgunner

My bud just got his last week. It is awefully expensive, $350 for about a $50 stock, but it works. It's just a bump fire device but one that allows fairly accurate fire, and it's legal without all the hassle and cost. Took all of 5 minutes to install and can be easily switched between rifles. His is right hand only, so no left hand full auto. They may offer a left handed version.
Rate of fire is impressive

JohnKSa

Administrator
It's exactly the same as an Atkin's Accelerator, except you pull the firearm forward again instead of a spring.
That small difference is the key to its legality. By pulling the firearm forward you, the shooter, are actuating the trigger for each shot although via a roundabout method.

The Atkins device pulled the trigger for the shooter by using a spring and that's why it was declared to be illegal after the BATF finally figured out what was going on.

SPUSCG

Hes actually an active member here, he probably will be in here to give some info. Can this be put on a M&P 22? full auto rimfire sounds fun.

essohbe

The Atkins' got recalled because you had to modify the firearm somehow (according to the ATF definition :rolleyes:) but with the SlideFire you just put it on.

I question the legality, regardless of whatever letter they have.

- Lol, are you a fed?

I also find it baffling that it is being sold as an aid for the handicapped

- Marketing and product security. When the libs want this banned the manufacturer can present it as if they are targeting the handicapped.

IMO, I think it's a good idea as far as marketing goes but practically it's awefully stupid. Way too much money to pay for using up your ammo twice as fast.

Sturmgewehre

It's 100% legal and will remain so unless they ban semi-auto rifles and trigger fingers. ;)

It's nothing like the Atkins Accelerator, which used a spring to actuate the trigger. You pulled the trigger and the gun recoiled into the stock then a spring in the stock pushed the action forward back into your finger. The spring made it a machinegun. Its like a crank on a rifle is legal until you put an electric motor on it, then it becomes a machinegun because a machine is doing the firing. The Slide Fire fires because of the users actions, not a machine (spring). It has no springs. They would have to ban bump firing in general to get rid of this device which would be a ban on semi-auto rifles.

Logs

I was in a shop yesterday and a guy was having one put on by the gunsmith. He paid $389 for the stock. It is all plastic and finish looks rough like Tapco stuff and not and clean as you would see in magpul stuff. Seems like a lot of money when with a little practice you can bump fire an AR pretty easy. It did come with a letter from ATF. I wouldn't think the recoil in a .22 would make it work, but I have not tried it.

Flat Dog

So modifying a collapsible stock would be illegal according to BATFE rules? It would be very easy to make this work with a collapsible stock without going into specifics.

Sturmgewehre

For those who are curious what the stock looks like up close:

i-WxRKD7F-M.jpg

I would say it looks like most injection molded plastic. I find it to be rugged in construction. I personally don't see any quality issues with it.

Diamond LawDawg

Ordered

Put an order thru Thursday the 12th ..will be firing it first time in SD at the FUN GUN SHOOT...will update after I get back mid Jun....:cool:

cmdc

I was literally just getting ready to start a thread on this, because I saw one for the first time last week at my LGS. They let me try it out on the indoor range, and it is pretty cool, but expensive. I bought a left-handed one anyway. They're putting it on a M&P Sporter I bought just for the SlideFire. The SlideFire was $379.00 and the M&P was around $600.

I, too, am wondering if ATF will have a change of heart and ban them at some point, but maybe not, based on what some of you guys have said.

How much full auto does it take to screw up a barrel? I realize the military doesn't worry too much about it, but I have no experience in that area so I am just wondering.

Lloyd Smale

ive had mine for a couple weeks now and have shot up about 2k of ammo out of it. Works great for me. May not be the cheapest thing in the world but it sure beats buying a full auto and paying the batf to register it.

-Fluffy-

Looks pretty cool, and if I had an AR I'd be all over it...but not at that price! I'd be in for about $150-175, but nothing more. Call me cheap, but I don't see $300+ of value in this device.